Password disappers after I close the meeting

Hello guys,

I hope you can help me. I am trying to set up jisti meeting, which is protected by a password. I can set a password and the guests have to know it to gain access. Everything works fine, as long as I as the moderator keep being logged in in the meeting. When I leave the meeting after setting it up (I want to plan it for later), the password disappers, which means the guests can joing the meeting without any password.

Do you know what I mean? Can anybody help me?

Kind regards

FRS

Welcome to the community.

Yes, passwords do not persist beyond the life of the meeting. Once everyone leaves a meeting, the room is destroyed - meaning all information about the meeting, including the password, if set, is wiped out. In order to keep the room (and invariably, the password) active, there must be at least one person in the room at all times.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your information Freddy!

This goes against the idea of planing a meeting. Do you know any way how to keep the settings alive until the meeting starts?

Best wishes

You cannot reserve a room on anonymous platform like meet.jit.si.
If you subscribe for 8x8.vc where you can authenticate, you will have your own room where you can pre-set a password.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I dont quite understand if jitsi on 8x8.vc is for free or is there a pricing on it?

Yep, there is a monthly fee of 1$ for 8x8.vc, this is for the moderator, guests are guests :slight_smile: they don’t pay.

1 Like

That is good! Do you know how many guests can join in jitsi and in 8x8.vc?

The limit is 500 participants in a meeting.

1 Like

Wow thats really good! Because the latest information I had was 75 guests.

Is it 500 for jitsi and 8x8.vc?

Yes

1 Like