Participants losing connection ( bandwidth issue ? )

Hi, I am trying to setup my own jitsi server and I follow the self-hosting guide from jitsi’s website, when I try meet.jit.si server the call works fine, no one is losing connection. ( I am creating multiple browser instances to simulate users )

When I try to switch to my own server ( spacemvp.hopto.org ) I can see the video for a few seconds but after a few seconds I keep losing connection ( Connection inactive it says ).

I also found this error in log multiple times: bandwidth_upload - invalid value for idx: 0. Any help would be appreciated.

ServerURL that I am working on: spacemvp.hopto.org

Server specifications: c5.4xlarge from AWS ( 16 vCPU, 32 GB Ram, Network Bandwidth up to 10 GBs )

Thanks

You don’t have valid certificates; you need https.

Sorry, I was working on the server and changed a few settings to see if it works. You can try now, I have already created a certificate for the server.

Seems to work fine for me. I ran a meeting with 4 participants for a few minutes and didn’t lose connection on any. Maybe it’s a bandwidth problem on your end? If you run into the issue again, gather browser console logs of the user that loses connection and share.

Hmmm, that actually could be it. I will try and test with multiple users but from different networks because currently I am testing with 6 participants all from the same network so that could play a part in it. If you don’t mind, can you try and screenshare from a mobile device and check if it’s working for you ? It works fine on meet.jit.si but not on my server. Thanks alot.

Are you using the mobile app or mobile browser?

Both in the same conference room, two users from mobile and one from browser.

Are you using the mobile app or the browser in your mobile device?

I am using the mobile app in my mobile device. Sorry I misunderstood the question :slight_smile:

Oh ok. I don’t have the app installed, so can’t test for you. Sorry. AFAIK though, screensharing works on Android but not yet on iOS.

I just created a meeting just now and I am not able to see the video of the other user clearly, here are the logs.

1 Mobile User ( Joined from browser )
1 Desktop

logsjitsi.txt (87.8 KB)

No problem, thanks for letting me know.

2021-06-27T13:43:24.234Z [JitsiMeetJS.js] <getGlobalOnErrorHandler>:  UnhandledError: P2P mode disabled in the configuration Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace:  ae.prototype._rejectIncomingCall@https://spacemvp.hopto.org/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=5096:10:56337
2021-06-27T13:44:13.978Z [JitsiMeetJS.js] <getGlobalOnErrorHandler>:  UnhandledError: RTCPeerConnection is gone (did you enter Offline mode?) Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace:  M/e.RTCPeerConnection.prototype.getStats@https://spacemvp.hopto.org/libs/lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=5096:25:49039

Did you disable P2P?
Looks like the device is going offline somehow. This may have to do with bandwidth again.

No I have not, p2p is enabled as shown below

Oh wait - I thought you said you couldn’t see the video at all. Sorry. So you’re able to see the video but it’s not clear?

Well, at the beginning when I first started the call I couldn’t see the other user at all, but after a while it got better ( 3-5 minutes ) it was still laggy though.

Sounds consistent with network issues.

What is your network speed if you dont mind me asking ?

300mbps up/down

Sorry for asking many questions but I don’t know who else to ask. Would making my own server locally and connecting multiple users from my local network theoretically eliminate bandwidth issues, the only possible bottleneck would be the specifications of the server ( CPU, RAM, GPU … etc ) ?

Thanks