Participant unable to unmute themselves

What reasons might there be for a participant not being able to unmute themselves?

Maybe the participant doesn’t use the address which is set during the installation

Thank you. please can you explain in more detail what you mean?

Do the participants use the same host address as the setup address while accessing the Jitsi server?

i gave them the link that was generated. The other participants didn’t have a problem - just this one person

Checking the browser console may help.
Is there any error in this user’s browser console?

Sorry i dont know what you mean (not a techie person! lol)

Could it be that Jistimeet doesn’t like the browser she’s using?

If she is behind a corporate firewall, this may be the issue

She is not behind a corporate firewall. Any other suggestions?

What browser did the participant use? If Tor - or a derivative of tor - this could be the cause.

duck duck go… which is what i use

You use the same browser and everything works fine for you?

yes

She has mentioned that she does ‘not have permission’ to access the microphone settings… why would that be?

I have seen that due to hardware problem. Rebooting computer (reinitializing the hardware in other words) took care of this particular issue.

1 Like

Thanks. She has mentioned that she does ‘not have permission’ to access the microphone settings… why would that be? :thinking:

permission could be restricted at the operating system level (it’s done in Windows and Mac I think, for Windows you have to go to Parameters to give access - IIRC it’s in a privacy tab - if you have the necessary administrative rights of course).
Also, at the browser level it’s possible to reset the permissions for the site (that’s the way it’s called for Chrome at least, I have no idea about your browser but it may be similar). Whatever you do at the browser level don’t fix a permission problem at the OS level.

1 Like

thank you