[Paid work] Looking for developers who can add interpretation feature into Jitsi

My organisation is in need of a video conferencing solution that supports simultaneous interpretation plus other features. Im exploring using Jitsi and would like to find out if there are any developers who can work on the project. The extra features required are as follows:

1. Support for interpretation - Specific users can be designated as interpreters who will provide interpretation to other end users. The interpretation is simultaneous which basically means that the interpretation is done as the user speaks. Interpreters and end users should be able to select the language of they want to listen from. Interpreters will have an additional option to select the language they are going to interpret into.
  2. Moderation - A meeting can be designated as moderated which means that the users request to speak and can only un-mute their microphones once given the floor.
  3. Separate chat groups - Support for separate chat groups within the meeting. This is needed mostly due to the fact that interpreters need to be able to communicate separately. Even moderators may need to communicate separately.
  4. Support for upto 500 participants.

I hope I get feedback as soon as possible. :sweat_smile: Urgent it is. If this can be done then we would deploy the jitsi solution on either AWS or AZURE.

Thanks

3 Likes

See this issue reported on the bug tracker requesting the breakout rooms feature.

No solution for breakout rooms as per the thread.

HI ODADAJ

I can help you if its paid work; I am an expert looking for work! Please share your email/skype and we can take it from there;

Hi my skype is odada.jacob lets chat

hello @thedonofdon
actually i need same feature
my email is m.alsayed.salah@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi,

We would be able to support you with Jitsi installations and support services. Please drop us a mail hello@meetrix.io

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

@odadaj,
I think I have the ability to do these things, as I am familiar with these sections. These days I am mainly working on load balancing, customizing, ready mobile devices end enable tokens, etc. Thank you very much.
email :- akalana.nipuna@gmail.com

Regards,
Akalana

I also need the same interpreting features and am interested to follow developments of anyone working on this.

I’m interested in this thread as well. Has any work been done in this area? If anything has happened and it’s been released as open source software, it would be great to hear about it. There is a huge community that could benefit from it.

Any update on this topic. I am also very interested and willing to pay for this feature.

sent you a PM

Hey! I’m also interested in simultaneous interpretation option in Jitsy and willing to pay for this feature. Did anybody made this?

If you can get this done. I’m begging you to make it opensource. It’ll make our dreams come through. God bless you sir.

Hi,
We are also interested in this feature and might be able to contribute to financially. Could you please give an update of the development?
We also sent a skype message to the author of the original message.
Thanks.

I was unable to get funding this year for this feature however I have funding in January.
So will engage consultants then.
Maybe we could work on a joint project.

Sure! Since we need it urgently, could you please let me know privately (I sent you a message on Skype) if you managed to contact some developers, approximate cost, functionalities, etc.? Thanks

sent you an email, I was the one who consulted @odadaj on this one;

Hi my company is looking to incorporate ‘simultaneous’ interpretation too and will pay. We’re in a rush like everyone else - paul_at_robotaisolutions_com

thedonofdon please send me an email :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Paul

sent you a PM and email as well