Does anyone use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure(OCI) with Kubernetes (OKE) to serve Jitsi?
A few times I already made it work on different cloud (AWS, OCI, other cloud provider) with different techstack (docker, swarm) but I never used load balancer and Kubernetes together with Jitsi. I was struggling last few days with it. Every documentation what I found uses UDP/10000 but I did not find in “OCI Kubernetes (OKE)” how to create “Network Load Balancer”. I use “Ingress Controller” for Load Balancer but it creates “Classic Load Balancer” which does not support UDP protocol. (I also started to check Traefik)
I used this ENV file to make the TCP work, but I cannot fully disable the UDP version. I want it to “always” try the TCP.
- name: JVB_PORT
- name: JVB_TCP_PORT
- name: JVB_TCP_MAPPED_PORT
- Node pool
So my question is the following (who uses OCI and Kubernetes (OKE))
- Which load balancer type (Classic or Network)?
- Nginx Ingress Controller or Traefik (or any other)?
- should I worry to fully disable the UDP listener?
- How to setup listener port in load balancer? via Kubernetes or manually? (I only was able to add the port “30301” manually to the listeners via NGINX ingress)
- If I create manually Network Load Balancer I cannot attach to Kubernetes to manage it properly. I need to add/remove manually backend instances to the NLB
With this manual configuration I already made it work, but I have 2 problems:
1, it is manual solution…
2, when the meeting starts with 2-3 participants it works fine (camera on), but after 20 minutes sometimes the camera disappear and after 1 minute it comes back. Used to realize this kind of behaviour when was not enough resources. (For testing now I use 1CPU and 15GB memory, with this resource the Jitsi worked perfectly in simple docker and swarm mode. And if I monitor the node resources during the meeting its 30% CPU and 10% Memory, so it does not look resources issue.)
Thank you for helping
What I used as base:
Also checked the
But the problem is that all of them using UDP port with Load Balancer