Opensource self-hosted alternative to callstats.io

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any free/opensource, self-hosted alternatives, to callstats.io?

Second Question: Has anyone else ran into any issues attempting to use Jitsi hammer and/or jitsi-meet-torture? I am not familiar with building/running java based programs that need to be compiled etc but generally I am pretty good at figuring things out. But for some reason I cant figure out how to get either of them to run without getting any errors or dependency issues. Does anyone know of any good tutorials for getting either of the programs to run/compile?

No, I’m not aware of any free/open-source alternative of callstats.io.

Jitsi-hammer is something we are no longer using and haven’t been updated for more than a year (or two) and I know people were having problems running it, so I don’t advice you of using it.

Jitsi-meet-torture is something we use every day and a set of tests is ran on every PR we make, it is also possible to fire mobile tests from there.
It is simple of running it by just executing mvn -Djitsi-meet.instance.url=https://your.deployment.com
Then there are options to include/exclude tests or just run few of them using -Djitsi-meet.tests.toRun=, -Djitsi-meet.tests.toExclude=, -Djitsi-meet.tests.toInclude= (all of them expect a comma separated test names taken from https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet-torture/blob/cb900e9e9a18296d847cc5ebf014a90ceedc04bd/src/test/resources/desktop/testng.xml)

Thanks for your fast replies!! I really appreciate it! So I quickly built a server to try this out because I must have spent hours trying to do this last week and thought I was losing my mind. I dont need to make any configuration changes on the jitsi meet server right?

root@iredmail:/home/iredmail/jitsi-meet-torture# mvn -Djitsi-meet.instance.url=https://192.168.183.136 -Djitsi-meet.tests.toInclude=“BandwidthEstimationTest”
Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.
[INFO] Scanning for projects…
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.150 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-10-03T11:57:59-07:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 9M/88M
[ERROR] No goals have been specified for this build. You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format : or :[:]:. Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/NoGoalSpecifiedException

So hold on going to try this.

apt update
apt upgrade
apt install maven
git clone jitsi torture etc
cd jitsi torture
maven install
then run it lol I think I forgot to do maven install first

after running maven install I get his error at the end

[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:2.6:testResources (default-testResources) @ jitsi-meet-torture —
[INFO] Using ‘UTF-8’ encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 0 resource
[INFO] Copying 2 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ jitsi-meet-torture —
[INFO] Changes detected - recompiling the module!
[INFO] Compiling 93 source files to /home/iredmail/jitsi-meet-torture/target/test-classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?
[INFO] 1 error
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 38.804 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-10-03T12:06:08-07:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/175M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:testCompile (default-testCompile) on project jitsi-meet-torture: Compilation failure
[ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
root@iredmail:/home/iredmail/jitsi-meet-torture#

Im guessing that I need to somehow define a compiler ? I apologize for my lack knowledge in this area. I have tons of technical experience but zero experience in compiling/building programs especially using java

Probably you only have jre installed, install openjdk.

Hey @damencho thanks! I installed openjdk and am now getting this error

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.20:test (default-test) on project jitsi-meet-torture: There are test failures

Any ideas?

Can you point me to a tutorial on getting a fully up to date Ubuntu 16.04 server to a state that I can run the example commands ? Like getting all the openjdk environment stuff set up? I followed about 5 or 6 tutorials installing a ton of crap and still couldnt get past that one error about maven-surefire-plugin

or am I supposed to git clone and compile it? I have never worked with something like this before so I dont even know how to go about it

make sue you are using latest maven from https://maven.apache.org I see latest to be 3.2.x.

Thanks! I was able to figure out my issue. So default-jdk, maven, and Google-Chrome-stable are the dependencies I needed to have installed. But I think the issue I was having is that I was trying to run it on ubuntu server 16.04 and not Ubuntu desktop 16.04.

Thanks for all your help!