One way streaming

Hi and thanks for your answer.
Our project is going to be a commercial projects and adults only, so we don’t wanna use youtube. I am not sure if I fully understand what ‘jitsi videobridge’ means.
Is it some kind of media server similar to Web Call Server from Flashphoner?

user A >> webRTC >> Jitsi videobridge on our VPS >> webRTC >> many B users…

Am I right?

Thanks again.
Adam

=========================================
damencho

4h

Please don’t hijack topics. Create your own for your question.
If the interaction is one way, A is just streaming and the rest are just watching without participating then you are in the case of broadcasting and you can use directly youtube for that.

Hello.
I would like to ask you for more information about Jitsi because I am not sure if the Jitsi is the best way for our project, so be so kind and let us know:

We are looking for a suitable solution for livechat (audio/video).
On the one side there is one user A which streams (from personal webcam and thru our website) for many users B. On the oposit side there are users B who will see this stream on the public side of website.

We assume 15-20 users A and ~ 50 users B streaming at the same time (but stream is always one A for many B). The solution should be webRTC one way broadcasting (not one to one, not one to many…just one way traffic (it means the the A user can not see/hear user(s) B), just stream from A to B.) :slight_smile:

We tested “pure” webRTC (browser to browser) but the latency, speed, quallity of the stream were very very bad. So there is need some “media server” (similar to WCS5 from Flashphoner) in the middle:

The data flow should be:

(one) user A ===>(webRTC) ===>OUR VPS + YOUR SOFTWARE ===> (webRTC) ===> OUR WEBSITE (many users B)

I would like to know whether the Jitsi can offer some server software part (some “media server” similar to WCS from Flashphoner) which can run over our VPS.

I hope I made it clear :slight_smile:

Please, let us know.
Adam.

The videobridge is a SFU and is used to enable conference calls all participants will be able to receive and all participants will be able to send, which is not your case as I understand.
You are in the case of youtube, that’s why I gave it as an example, I believe there are other broadcasting services free or paid and there are opensource alternatives for deploying such service.
You can use jitsi-meet and jitsi-videobridge for your case by tweaking some configs and audio and video muting all the participants, it is your choice, it is just the whole system gives you way more options than just using it as a broadcast service.