One way media only (NAT issues) after upgrade

What do you mean?

You are asking can it be that 2 people will be connected over the bridge connection even if p2p is enabled? If you have a turn server for the p2p connection I doubt it will use the jvb connection. But generally the idea is switching between both if one is not working, using the other one … If you don’t have turn on the p2p connection than it is very likely in some network conditions to use the jvb connection.

Yes, that was the question. I do have P2P enabled and TURN configured. However, in some cases (for example, testing 2 browsers from my computer - I know it’s not the best scenario but also not the only one) it still ends up connecting with the JVB.

Regarding the point where you mention

If you don’t have turn on the p2p connection than it is very likely in some network conditions to use the jvb connection.

Does this mean I have to add the TURN server in the config.js as well? Or is it enough at the prosody configs? Today this is what I have (I assume it is similar to yours)

p2p: {

enabled: true,

useStunTurn: true,

stunServers: [
    { urls: 'stun:stun.l.google.com:19302' },
    { urls: 'stun:stun1.l.google.com:19302' },
    { urls: 'stun:stun2.l.google.com:19302' }
  ],

preferH264: true,
  disableH264: true

},

As for the initial problem, I will confirm tomorrow weather it was fixed as my customer is not available right now to test the new settings / setup.

Yep those stun/turn/turns you configured in prosody will be used and for the p2p connection. Hum it is strange for me to open two tabs in the same browser and that one to use jvb connection, it should be p2p.

In fact it was 2 different browsers within the same computer (still, should be P2P). Here is a screenshot of that situation:

You can test for yourself (if you have the time or the curiosity to check) in https://conf.zenklub.com/testing1234 (see the IP: 54.232.241.176 is the same as the JVB)

Is one of the browsers Firefox? Firefox p2p in certain cases doesn’t work (Firefox cannot be offerer, the offerer is randomly chosen), so it will work randomly :slight_smile:

Well, one of them was firefox :slight_smile:

As for the problem we were facing, looks like it has been solved. Will report back if more users complain over the next hours / days.

Thanks once again for the detailed explanations.