On-prem install, screen sharing does not appear to be working

Hello,

I’ve followed the instructions at https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/quick-install.md and had no issues with the installation (the only deviation from the basic instructions I made is I am using my own SSL certificates).

I have no issues connecting to rooms, allowing access to cameras/microphones, having others join the room, chat, etc. but no screen sharing functionality works at all. I am able to see that my screen is being shared in my own browser, but no other connecting users can see the screen. I have tried this from multiple different workstations on our LAN. I have tried using both Chrome and Firefox (latest versions) on Ubuntu 18.04 desktop as well as Windows 10.

I have read older forum posts and blog articles about needing to enable an extension or something per browser (or that it doesn’t work at all in Firefox). How can this be the case if I can screen share using a Jitsi hosted room?

What is the current procedure for enabling or managing the screen sharing functionality? Let me know what further information you need from me.

Thanks