Octo Cascade Bridges - here's how! FULL GUIDE

Can you please share the changes you made in the database? it is really tough to find which files to change to make shared db with octo make work

Cheers,
Malav

You just need 1 Jicofo instance that all JVBs are connected to and it should be fine

@congthang This is amazing. I am gonna try it :slight_smile: I’ll update here as soon as it works for me :slight_smile:

Actually I think the only thing we actually did was to direct the clients to Jicofo. Then all was sorted out.

We have a new PR for the docker version #804

I just have stress test with OCTO here, if anyone need this:

Hi @rn1984
I did the Jitsi normal installation of a server. Then did the setup of two additional JVBs, two servers, and connected to the prosody.
Then I enabled OCTO.
I need to know is, in “RegionBasedBridgeSelectionStrategy”, if we enable OCTO according to this way, are we supposed to do this work by only using the AWS?
Another thing is, how does the JVB decide jitsi, according to how the participants should be connected?
Because in one article I saw that, it needs to define JVB’s region in Jitsi Meet’s config.js.
I need to know, how to do that dynamically also.

Hi @janpoo6427
Could you please let me know how you install GeoIP ?

You can either configure geo-routing with AWS or create your own proxy that will send you to the right server. I found many posts that used HA-Proxy to do that. In my mind AWS route53 delivers a quick easy way to implement.

Hi @rn1984
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Do you have any guide? then please let me know. Do you have an idea about GeoIP ?

geoip is provided by nginx by default.

so just i edited my nginx.conf

@janpoo6427
Thank you very much for your quick response. Do you have any guide?

Hello @rn1984, are you there ? I have some questions about regular octo installations…

Go ahead

can you please explain how can I install a JMS and JVB with jicofo.
as right now i have one server with complete JMS and JVB and 2 more server with just the JVB installed. how can I make octo enabled over this setup if possible can please share some sample config file.
cheers,
AS.

@tusharsonawane Hi did you done your setup and is working to you, can you share you configuration please. I am also doing the same thing single region, my JVB’s running on auto scaling, can it be done.
please help on this. to setup OCTO.

I was successfull in setting up OCTO on a regular installation, for dockerized version of the same, even I am researching

Thanks for the reply, @tusharsonawane. Can you please share the details on OCTO regular installation on ec2 instance. I have one JMS and JVB have auto scaling (2 ec2 instance now) running, how to configure OCTO on this.

I have no idea about ec2, did everything on my baremetal servers

that also be fine, i need to know how to setup OCTO and where to make changes