Noob install, 'Secure Domain' works but only first time?

New here, so please be kind if this is a silly question…

I’ve successfully installed Jitsi Meet and followed the Secure Domain instructions so that you need a username and password to create a room, however this only works the first time. Is that correct?

So, if I click ‘go’ on the home page to create a room, I’m presented with the “I am the host” dialogue and need to put in my username/password before the room will be created… All good :+1:

However, once I leave this room I can (a) re-enter it via the URL; and (b) create any new rooms I like and in both cases I am not presented with the host log-in dialogue :-1:

I’m not sure if this is correct, or something is wrong in my configuration as everything else seems to work. If I restart prosody, jicofo and videobridge2 I then need the username/password to create a room but the same thing happens – I can re-enter or create without credentials.

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction here! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Figured it out… I added the following line to /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties and it seems to be all good now :+1:

org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.DISABLE_AUTOLOGIN=true

1 Like