No video or audio if both participants are on VPN

I successfully deployed Jitsi Meet on Docker and it seems to work fine, however if both persons are connected via a VPN to the local network where Jitsi is hosted, there is no video or audio. If both are in the office or only one of them is, it works fine.

I tried temporarily unblocking all UDP traffic but to no avail. I’m not even sure how to troubleshoot it, can someone point me in correct direction?

Do you have TURN deployed?

Isn’t JVB already for that? How do I go about configuring TURN?

If you’re behind a VPN, you need TURN server to traffic media from UDP to TCP and back.

Thank you for replying, however I don’t understand what the option “p2p.stunServers” is, where do I configure it? The handbook doesn’t explain this.

Okay, I think I know what I need to do, edit the file

/config/config.js

in “jitsi/web” container with this TURN server hosted with “coturn” Docker image. I’ll try and report how it goes.

Okay, so I put

{ urls: 'turn:hostname:3478', username: 'user', credential: 'pass' }

in

/config/config.js

where hostname, user, pass are hostname of the Coturn server and credentials to the MariaDB database. I checked and hostname:3478 is reachable with telnet. I restarted the containers however video/audio still doesn’t work for VPN<->VPN connections.

Any help please?

Because it’s not related in TURN.
Don’t change it

You need TURN over TCP

So how do I do that?

Follow the doc shared by @Freddie