No p2p connection via turn on Jitsi meet server

First of all, thanks a lot for this great development!

We have 4 Azure servers (live,backup and 2x dev) with Jitsi meet, since the start of corona, to support online health care. This is only used with a max of 2 participants. (doctor/patient). Back in May 2020 we had some problem getting p2p-turn setup, but after adding the below config and opening the correct ports it worked fine:

p2p: {
enabled: true,
useStunTurn: true,
stunServers: [
{ urls: ‘stun:meet.ourserver.com:443’},
],}

Approximately 80% of the times a direct p2p is possible, for the other 20% (behind NAT/Firewall) a p2p connection is routed via turn. The connection dialog shows the external IP adres with “(p2p) (turn)” behind it.

We have updated to the latest release a couple of times and since an update in Juli, p2p via turn stopped working. It only connects via jvb (when direct p2p is not possibe) and when jvb is not possible (due to firewall/NAT) we have no connection at all. We have already tried to use port 443 as per the instructions on Jitsi.org and chrome://webrtc-internals now gives: “iceServers: [turn:meet-turn.ourserver.com:443, turns:meet-turn.ourserver.com:443?transport=tcp, stun:meet-turn.ourserver.com:443]”, but still no p2p-turn connections, only jvb with two participants. We tested three participants, with one participant blocked port 10.000 and this particant switches to turn. So, coturn is working properly, just no (p2p) via (turn). With two participants, the turn log gives the following information:

- turnserver[32863]: 32229: session 001000000000000013: refreshed, realm=<meet.ourserver.com>, username=<1603429482>, lifetime=0, cipher=TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, method=UNKNOWN
- turnserver[32863]: 32229: session 001000000000000013: realm <meet.ourserver.com> user <1603429482>: incoming packet REFRESH processed, success
- turnserver[32863]: 32229: session 001000000000000013: TLS/TCP socket disconnected: 192.145.57.54:55384
- turnserver[32863]: 32229: session 001000000000000013: closed (2nd stage), user <1603429482> realm <meet.ourserver.com> origin <>, local 10.0.0.8:5349, remote 192.145.57.54:55384, reason: TLS/TCP socket buffer operation error (callback)
- turnserver[32863]: 32229: session 001000000000000013: delete: realm=<meet.ourserver.com>, username=<1603429482>
- turnserver[32863]: 32232: session 001000000000000015: refreshed, realm=<meet.ourserver.com>, username=<1603429485>, lifetime=0, cipher=TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, method=UNKNOWN
- turnserver[32863]: 32232: session 001000000000000015: realm <meet.ourserver.com> user <1603429485>: incoming packet REFRESH processed, success
- turnserver[32863]: 32232: session 001000000000000015: TLS/TCP socket disconnected: 84.241.206.136:36044
- turnserver[32863]: 32232: session 001000000000000015: closed (2nd stage), user <1603429485> realm <meet.ourserver.com> origin <>, local 10.0.0.8:5349, remote 84.241.206.136:36044, reason: TLS/TCP socket buffer operation error (callback)
- turnserver[32863]: 32232: session 001000000000000015: delete: realm=<meet.ourserver.com>, username=<1603429485>

We really tried everything we found on this forum, including a fresh installation with the previous and latest release, even the release of July 2020. Any idea what can cause this block of p2p-turn?

Thank you very much in advance!

TURN config was changed on the latest stable. This post may help.

Thanks for the swift reply! We noticed the turn changes in the latest stable, however, we have the same problem on three different servers with release 2.0.4627, release 2.0.5076 and latest stable 2.0.5142.