No more 2 participant in Jitsi meet

Hello,
i have setup Jitsi Meet server on MS Azur vps following the simple setup described in download section of Jitsi org, i opened port 443, 4443, udp 10000-20000 and succesfully setup Let’s encrypt certificate with the provided script
Ly issue is apparently the same as many other newbies like me ! I can’t have more than 2 users in visio conference. When a third participant is joining, it ends in a black screen/no audio for all three participants.
Looking at Jicofo log i found this Severe error at end of this post.

So i added Adding public/private address (despite i can’t see this server behind any nat ):
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS=<10.0.0.5>
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS=<20.188.45.49>

in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties but result is worst, one partcipant is kicking out the other when joining.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Jicofo 2020-03-28 15:25:46.293 SEVERE: [48] org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.log() Failed to allocate channels using bridge: jitsi-videobridge.confserv1.openm$
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to allocate colibri channels - bad request: <iq to='focus@auth.confserv1.openmindlab.fr/foc$
at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl.maybeThrowOperationFailed(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:454)
at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl.createColibriChannels(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:322)
at org.jitsi.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConference.createColibriChannels(ColibriConference.java:115)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.ParticipantChannelAllocator.doAllocateChannels(ParticipantChannelAllocator.java:145)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.allocateChannels(AbstractChannelAllocator.java:255)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.doRun(AbstractChannelAllocator.java:168)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.run(AbstractChannelAllocator.java:142)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: <iq to=‘focus@auth.confserv1.openmindlab.fr/focus1278296385716’ from=‘jitsi-videobridge.confserv1.openmindlab.fr’ id=‘UIE0r-26036’ type$
… 14 more
Jicofo 2020-03-28 15:25:46.299 SEVERE: [48] org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConferenceImpl.log() One of our bridges failed: jitsi-videobridge.confserv1.openmindlab.fr

1 Like

How did you enter the ip address in jvb config? Was it <192.168.0.1> or 192.168.0.1, only the second one is valid.

1 Like

Hello Damencho, indeed i removed the <> and it s all good now everything works on a small 1cpu/1024 mo Azur vps. Big thanks to you for fast support, and to all the Team for this very good project.
regards
Michael Benarouch