No Conference Duration Showing

Hello,

I have my own instance of the Jitsi-meet server running on Ubuntu 18.04, it was installed using the Quick method, but I first added the Prosody repo so I got the latest stable version of that part - 0.11.5

I followed the various threads about adding the conference_duration_component and have the following lines in /etc/prosody/conf.avail/FQDN.cfg.lua file:

plugin_paths = { “/usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/” }

VirtualHost “FQDN”

conference_duration_component = “conferenceduration.FQDN”

modules_enabled = {
“conference_duration”;

Component “conferenceduration.FQDN” “conference_duration_component”
muc_component = “conference.FQDN”

I also added some additional logging output in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_conference_duration_component.lua so now in the Prosody log files I can see that this module is being loaded and is called each time a new participant joins a conference and logs the time the conference was created, it then seems to send the JSON message containing that time to the new participant, but nothing ever gets displayed on the clients screen under the conference / room name where it should do.

Is there any additional client side configuration that needs setting? Or is it simply that this feature is not enabled in the current repos for 18.04 in the clients JS libs?

Any help / advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kevin

Me too doesn’t display conference time in my own server … :frowning:

this is an open topic regarding this issue:

Duration time not showing