No audio/video for everyone in conference (only his own)

@emrah
Completely agree with you ,right now i am enabling websocket on Nginx ingress controller for jitsiweb on path # colibri (JVB) websockets
location ~ ^/colibri-ws/([a-zA-Z0-9-.]+)/(.*) . because in meet.conf jitsiweb is routing websocket connection for jVB .

But i am bit confused , we tried with Android mobile and window laptop its working fine and when we tried with I’phone and Window laptop its not working and same for window to window laptop its not working .

One more situation here we tried with Android mobile and window laptop with only two users its working when third person is trying to join its breaking the call on which old two users connected successfully . i don’t know why this is happening if we have websocket issue it should not work in any case .

Regards,
Vikrant

Thanks @emrah
This is working while enabled websocket on Kubernetes ingress .

@sunilkumarjena21 test this please and put here if you are facing any issue during testing .

Regards ,
Vikrant

Thanks @emrah ,
The solution is working fine now.

Need some input regarding the HPA part…Will followup question later on this topic.

Thanks anyway for the support af of now… :slight_smile:

Hi @emrah ,

After thoroughly testing.Here is the testing result.

Issue:-Connection showing lost to 2nd person after joining the meeting.No audio/video.Only chat functionality working.

Deployment link:- https://jitcore.connectlane.co.in/demo

Console log:-BridgeChannel.js:88 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://jitcore.connectlane.co.in/colibri-ws/10.244.0.29/38299a9f7b72d0eb/e2ae414e?pwd=33tj2ed1cm1vd6g19qrjhqooqt’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403

When someone leave the meeting…The meeting has crashed showing the below screen,

Please suggest.

What are the JVB’s IP and the Nginx"s IP?

Hi @emrah
we deployed Jitsi on Kubernetes . All components are running on pods .
and we have deployed nginx ingress controller with LB to expose jitsi web.
Nginx ingress controller has a public ( Azure Loadbalancer L4) .(LB IP:20.193.152.19)

HI @emrah ,

Any advise on the above scenario?

Thanks in advance!

The websocket is trying to connect to 10.244.0.29 but you have no JVB at this address.

I’m not familiar with Kubernetes. Does this output mean the JVB’s TCP/9090 is closed?

Hello there,

i’m a beginner with jitsi so please be smart. I searched for hours with google and youtube. And i had no success.
I have installed jitsi on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and it “works” (see further text please) fine over hours but no one in meeting has audio or video except his own video (and i think audio).
I checked firewall rules on machine in router. I checked the configurations and userrights mentioned in blods and communities i found in the internet.
It “works” on android smartphone via internet and via local wlan.
What I mean i have no problem to connect and there is no problem in stability of the connection - i think. But the only thing that works is the chat.

I need inspiration what log files (and please tell me where there are) are interessting. What can i try to find the mistake.

I can publish every file you want at the moment i don’t know with which to start.

Greetings and thanks

Oerni

This is a common problem with not forwarding the ports, check that.

Thanks for your fast answer. What do you mean exactly?

Here is a screenshot out of my fritz box:

The left row ist IPv4 and the right is IPv6
Is this not enough?

Thanks

• Is 10000 TCP or UDP?

• Did you check ufw, the firewall which is on the server

Hi,
10000 is udp

an here is der status of ufw

To Action From

80/tcp ALLOW IN Anywhere
443/tcp ALLOW IN Anywhere
4443/tcp ALLOW IN Anywhere
10000/udp ALLOW IN Anywhere
22/tcp ALLOW IN Anywhere
3478/udp ALLOW IN Anywhere
5349/tcp ALLOW IN Anywhere
80/tcp (v6) ALLOW IN Anywhere (v6)
443/tcp (v6) ALLOW IN Anywhere (v6)
4443/tcp (v6) ALLOW IN Anywhere (v6)
10000/udp (v6) ALLOW IN Anywhere (v6)
22/tcp (v6) ALLOW IN Anywhere (v6)
3478/udp (v6) ALLOW IN Anywhere (v6)
5349/tcp (v6) ALLOW IN Anywhere (v6)

lg oerni

Could you check JVB status

systemctl status jitsi-videobridge2.service

Hi

now it is better…
is there a problem???

● jitsi-videobridge2.service - Jitsi Videobridge
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2021-01-17 14:06:55 UTC; 2h 6min ago
Main PID: 796 (java)
Tasks: 58 (limit: 65000)
Memory: 293.4M
CGroup: /system.slice/jitsi-videobridge2.service
└─796 java -Xmx3072m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Dconfig.file=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/jvb.conf -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION=/etc/jitsi -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME=videobridge -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_LOG_DIR_LOCATION=/var/log/jitsi -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/logging.properties -cp /usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.jar:/usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/lib/* org.jitsi.videobridge.MainKt --apis=,

Jan 17 14:07:08 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:21 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:21 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:23 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:23 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:24 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:24 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:26 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:26 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
Jan 17 14:07:27 jitsi systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service:15: PIDFile= references a path below legacy directory /var/run/, updating /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid → /run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid; please update the unit file accordingly.
r

It seems that there is a problem with JVB service, I don’t understand why. Did you change anything in /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service

Sorry had to do some work. Here ist my /lib/systemd/system/jitsi-videobridge2.service

[Unit]
Description=Jitsi Videobridge
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

[Service]
SuccessExitStatus=143

allow bind to 80 and 443

AmbientCapabilities=CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE
EnvironmentFile=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/config
Environment=LOGFILE=/var/log/jitsi/jvb.log
User=jvb
RuntimeDirectory=jitsi-videobridge
RuntimeDirectoryMode=0750
PIDFile=/var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid

more threads for this process

TasksMax=65000

allow more open files for this process

LimitNPROC=65000
LimitNOFILE=65000
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c “exec /usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/jvb.sh {JVB_OPTS} < /dev/null >> {LOGFILE} 2>&1”
ExecStartPost=/bin/bash -c “echo $MAINPID > /var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid”
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=2

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Oh sorry here a little update!
I can’t tell why but now works video and audio when i connect via wlan. So to say in local area. I have to disconnect the meeting and reconnect but then i have video AND audio.
When there is a further “external” Guest then video and audio is shut down.
So what could it be?

Firewall Router ??? is there a name problem?

I have made a CNAME routing to myfritz name of the box. This works fine the server is reachable.

GREETING AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Hello again!

I’m so frustrated. I made a complete new installation. I thought now it works AND f**k.

I can’t say whats wrong.

At the moment i have video and audio when both computers are in local network. And now there happened something interessting.

I have:
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS in local area
Windows 10 Pro in local network as moderator PC
One Laptop wireless also in local network
AND one Pixel 5 Android Handy with jitsi client

On WindowsPC i can see myself and no one more
On mobile phone the same
BUT on Laptop i can see myself AND moderator but no mobile phone

I think there is something wrong with routing or networking or something like that. Can somebody help me to find out whats wrong?

Okay thats scary if i use an outside startet session and a outside connected second device this works two.
So to say i can’t use jitsi with in and outside local network devices. WHY

Sorry for this confusing writing!

thanks