No audio on Android

Dear all,
I’m trying to use binaries for the android sdk (latest 1.16.0) in my android project.
Sometimes, about one time of ten/fifteen, and apparently not ever in all devices, an app receive audio and video data but seems not send nothing (the other app cannot hear, or maybe receive, nothing).
This situation is easier to reproduce if the Jitsi instance starts without video (startWithVideoMuted = true).
The strange thing is that the device that don’t send audio signal receive audio and video correctly, so, I can not figure out where the problem is, maybe the videobridge server?
I looked at all the logs, and comparing them the only difference I see between a right and a wrong situation, in the one where the audio is apparently not sended I do not see, for eg., these messages (from the Android debugger):

I/org.webrtc.Logging: NativeLibrary: Loading native library.
I/org.webrtc.Logging: NativeLibrary: Loading library: jingle_peerconnection_so
D/JVM: JVM::Initialize@[tid=7519]
D/JVM: JVM::JVM@[tid=7519]
D/JVM: LoadClasses
D/JVM: name: org/webrtc/voiceengine/BuildInfo
D/JVM: name: org/webrtc/voiceengine/WebRtcAudioManager
D/JVM: name: org/webrtc/voiceengine/WebRtcAudioRecord
D/JVM: name: org/webrtc/voiceengine/WebRtcAudioTrack
W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/mpeg-L1
W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/mpeg-L2
W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/x-ms-wma
W/AudioCapabilities: Unsupported mime audio/x-ima
W/VideoCapabilities: Unrecognized profile 2130706433 for video/avc
W/VideoCapabilities: Unrecognized profile 2130706434 for video/avc
W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/wvc1
W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/x-ms-wmv
D/SensorManager: Proximity, val = 8.0 [far]
D/OpenGLRenderer: eglDestroySurface = 0xc095b540
I/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported profile 4 for video/mp4v-es
D/ViewRootImpl@abf457[MainActivity]: Relayout returned: old=[0,0][1080,1920] new=[0,0][1080,1920] result=0x5 surface={valid=false 0} changed=true
W/VideoCapabilities: Unrecognized profile/level 1/32 for video/mp4v-es
W/VideoCapabilities: Unrecognized profile/level 32768/2 for video/mp4v-es
W/VideoCapabilities: Unrecognized profile/level 32768/64 for video/mp4v-es
W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/wvc1
W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/x-ms-wmv
W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/x-ms-wmv7
W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/x-ms-wmv8
W/VideoCapabilities: Unsupported mime video/mp43
W/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoEncoder: Codec OMX.Exynos.VP8.Encoder requires bitrate adjustment: DYNAMIC_ADJUSTMENT
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoEncoder: Found target encoder for mime video/x-vnd.on2.vp8 : OMX.Exynos.VP8.Encoder. Color: 0x13. Bitrate adjustment: DYNAMIC_ADJUSTMENT
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Trying to find HW decoder for mime video/avc
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found candidate decoder OMX.Exynos.avc.dec
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found candidate decoder OMX.google.h264.decoder
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found candidate decoder OMX.SEC.avc.sw.dec
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: No HW decoder found for mime video/avc
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Trying to find HW decoder for mime video/avc
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found candidate decoder OMX.Exynos.avc.dec
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found target decoder OMX.Exynos.avc.dec. Color: 0x13
W/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoEncoder: Codec OMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder requires bitrate adjustment: FRAMERATE_ADJUSTMENT
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoEncoder: Found target encoder for mime video/avc : OMX.Exynos.AVC.Encoder. Color: 0x13. Bitrate adjustment: FRAMERATE_ADJUSTMENT
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Trying to find HW decoder for mime video/x-vnd.on2.vp8
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found candidate decoder OMX.Exynos.vp8.dec
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found candidate decoder OMX.Exynos.vp8.dec
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found target decoder OMX.Exynos.vp8.dec. Color: 0x13
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Trying to find HW decoder for mime video/x-vnd.on2.vp9
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found candidate decoder OMX.Exynos.vp9.dec
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found target decoder OMX.Exynos.vp9.dec. Color: 0x13
I/org.webrtc.Logging: MediaCodecVideoDecoder: Found target decoder OMX.Exynos.avc.dec. Color: 0x13
D/JVM: AttachCurrentThreadIfNeeded::ctor@[tid=7585]
D/JVM: Attaching thread to JVM
D/JVM: JVM::environment@[tid=7585]
D/JVM: JNIEnvironment::ctor@[tid=7585]
D/AudioManager: ctor@[tid=7585]
D/JVM: JNIEnvironment::RegisterNatives(org/webrtc/voiceengine/WebRtcAudioManager)
D/JVM: NativeRegistration::ctor@[tid=7585]
D/JVM: NativeRegistration::NewObject@[tid=7585]

This is the main difference I found.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance!

Alberto

What android version are you using? Did the app go to the background?

Thanks for quick reply!
I’m using Android 8.0, the app is in foreground.
The jitsi view have an additional layout layer to display some information (like duration), I don’t know iand don’t think can influence…

Alb.

Unfortunately it’s not clear to me what goes wrong. Specially since it happens only sometimes and only on some devices.

1.126 is quite old, but the latest on our maven repo is kinda broken, we are going to take care of that soon. In the meantime I recommend you try to reproduce it with the Jitsi Meet app from Google Play, to make sure it is (or isn’t) happening with the latest code.