No Audio for people connected between two video bridges

Hi Everyone,

I have deployed Jitsi meet using the scalable architecture as recommended in the documentation using docker-jitsi-meet.

So basically in one server instance (Jisti meet web + prosody + jicofo) is running and in another two server instances each video bridge is running in each one of them. Everything was working perfectly fine.

We decided to use octo in a single region using the SplitBridgeSelectionStrategy to handle the load of large conferences across two video bridges(planned to put it in auto-scaling group).

As per the instructions here jitsi-videobridge/octo.md at master · jitsi/jitsi-videobridge · GitHub, we have made all the changes and the users are now assigned to two video bridges equally for a single meeting.

The only problem that I am facing now was the people connected to video bridge 1 can only hear/see audio/video of people from video bridge 1 and for people in video bridge 2 same thing happens respectively.

When any one bridge is turned off all the people able to hear/see each other without any problem.

We have already opened the required ports in the firewall and gone through lot of similar topics in both github issues and in community forms but no luck.

Any help from the people out there is highly appreciated. Looking forward. Thanks in advance

Is the problem only with audio? What about video?

By any chance have you enabled enableLipSync?

Yes both audio/video is not working. No did not enable lipsync.

The problem is only for people across video bridges but people connected to same bridge can able to see and hear the video/audio without any problem

Anything in bridge logs about octo?

1 Like

I did not see any sort of error in logs everything was labelled as INFO.

But in client jitsi meet application. I can see lot of these occurrences

lib-jitsi-meet.min.js?v=4628:sourcemap:17 WebSocket connection to 'wss://localhost:8443/colibri-ws/172.18.0.2/6387ff2fbbb693fc/42fabd90?pwd=3v5leg8dta8u4bufetmp8706va' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

But this also happens when there is single video bridge and also everything was working fine then. So I did not able to conclude this to be the problem

This is wrong, your client should not be connecting to localhost but to the bridge address or jitsi-meet nginx which will proxy the connection …

Thanks for that.

I have fixed that issue. Now the websocket works without any errors. But still, the previous issue I mentioned remains the same.

Below is my sip-communicator.properties file in case if it helps
# the address to bind to locally
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0
# the address to advertise (in case BIND_ADDRESS is not accessible)
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.PUBLIC_ADDRESS=jvb public ip
# the port to bind to
org.jitsi.videobridge.octo.BIND_PORT=4096
# the region that the jitsi-videobridge instance is in
org.jitsi.videobridge.REGION=region1
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS=jvb public ip

Have you tried to use here the local network address on which other jvbs can connect.

This should be the internal network address.

Make sure the other bridges can connect to this port on the local network and nothing is blocking it