No Audio and No Video Transmission in new install

I am trying to get Jitsi meet installed. I followed the procedure suggested here: How To Install Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu 18.04 | DigitalOcean. I I I went through steps 1, 2 and 3 with my own certificate issued my Gandi.

From the look of it, things seem to have succeeded. When I start a conference, I can see myself in the meeting. But with two users, no audio is transmitted and no video is transmitted.

The VM is running on Proxmox and initially had 1 core (real core, not vcpus) and 2 GB RAM. Then I changed this to 3 cores and 10 GB and restarted the VM. Still no audio and no sound.

In jvp logs, here is what I found at the beginning of the file. There is no other error in the file.

This poor desperate camper is thanking you in advance for your help.

021-01-16 21:59:02.841 WARNING: [15] [hostname=localhost id=shard] MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7#588: [MucClient id=shard hostname=localhost] error connecting
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘localhost:5222’ failed because: localhost/127.0.0.1 exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.java:278)

I created another setup using these instructions: Ubuntu / Debian installations instructions - Jitsi. Unfortunateky the issue is the same. I am behind NAT and I thought in the first deployment that the failure appears because I did not use the public IP in /etc/hosts. I corrected that in the second installation but the issue is the same.

I must say that in the second deployment, when I join the meeting from two separate browsers, I can hear the echo and I can see myself as remote and local participant. But when somebody else joins the call, they are not able to hear nor see me.

In my modem I configured 443 as internal and external port.

Issue resolved. I was not opening port 10000 in the modem.