New installation of Jitsi, trying to add jigasi

This is new installation, of jitsi video conference thru another nginx, is working ok, but now I want add the jigasi option to connect my IP pbx I did the installation process, no errors, I set up the username and paswsord , but it tries to register, but can not make it !

How do I check the logs ?, username and password are ok

We are on the same boat my friend! jigasi is not an easy thing to setup!

So far, I was able to have Jitsi call my phone, but I get no sound… I can help you get to that point at least :joy:

The most useful log for me was /var/log/jitsi/jigasi.log I would stop the jigasi service, clear the log and restart jigasi service to spot errors

99% of the magic happens in
/etc/jitsi/jigasi/sip-communicator.properties
On my first install, this file was not populated, but upon purging and reinstalling, it was populated almost completely automaticaly… go figure!

For dial-in, you should enable the call_control: ‘callcontrol.[domain.com]’ in /etc/jitsi/meet/[domain.com]-config.js
(replace [domain.com] with your own domain name
For some reason, it has no effect on my side, but I have not dig any deeper on this issue for now… I need sound first!

If you are using a secure domain, like I do, with prosody etc., you are in for a lot of issues!
I was able to register to my voip provider by adding the callcontrol component to this file /etc/prosody/conf.d/[domain.com].cfg.lua

So if you get unstok and are able to have sound, please share your findings with me :slight_smile:

@ArturoJGarciaJmz This may help - Jigasi Asterisk Tutorial. It’s based around FreePBX, but steps 2, 3, & 4 are all Jigasi. So hone in on those specifically.

Thanks for your inputs, so far I was able to register, so I need some help to:

1.- I can do incoming calls to “siptest” room, audio working ok, it means any one dialing extension 1135 can get into the jitsi meeting

2.- I can not do outgoing calls, ( I do not know where logs are or how get them)

3.- In order to customize my pbx with incoming calls thru IVR, some one had done with “sipxcom” software, how I have to do the configuration, I´m kind of new and do not understand very well the uri concept.

Successful inbound calls means you’re good on the jigasi front. The outbound issue is likely on the voip server side.

sipxcom is fairly obscure in my opinion. If you’re not overly invested in sipxcom, You’ll find a great deal of support and tutorials for Asterisk based systems, like FreePBX . Asterisk and FreePBX forums are very well established with large community support.

Thanks for your help !

How do I check the logs ?, I´m not very hard on Linux yet, but just give some idea where find the logs and how review them !

Here’s the 4 I commonly use. Although , you only should only need to concentrate on jigasi.log for the sip troubleshooting.

sudo nano /var/log/jitsi/jigasi.log
sudo nano /var/log/jitsi/jicofo.log
sudo nano /var/log/jitsi/jvb.log
sudo nano /var/log/prosody/prosody.log