New install of Jitsi Meet on my home-based server fails when more than one person onsite

Have just installed new clean debian buster, config of ssh and ufw “allow” ports. I can visit jitsi site fine but noone else can. Only one at a time can access Jitsi site. So no conferences can be held.
Any ideas what I might have missed from the “quick install” setup on Github?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

It doesn’t seem like you’ve successfully deployed JItsi. If no one else can join the room, it means you’re really just looking at the feed from your camera, you’re not in a Jitsi meeting at all. What do you see in your browser logs (js console)?

The logs are huge. I don’t know which directory I should view? which directory or file is “js console” in? Thanks for your reply

By the way, Freddie, I did follow the Github “self-host” quick install instructions to the letter. I don’t know where I’ve failed.

Browser logs are on your browser (Chrome). You go to View_Developer_Javascript Console. Then, while open try joining a meeting again (2nd user) and check to see the errors in the console.

It could just be something you overlooked; it happens sometimes.

I just searched “How to view browser logs”. There is no simple “view” selection. I’ll go get an education in browser logs now. I see their need, but I’m not sure if this is necessary since I did not use Chrome to access my install. I used Firefox. I’ll attempt to also get educated about viewing Firefox logs. Thanks again Freddie.

maybe nothing, last time I looked (I don’t use Debian myself) recommended procedure was to install a thing called about ‘adoptopenjdk’ from PPA and this was failing by design, maybe you did just that ? if yes un-adopt it and install java 11 from Debian standard repository. Java 8 is only mandatory if you use Jibri.

Yes, I did install adoptopenjdk. I didn’t know its failures, thank you for the heads up! I installed it in anticipation of installing Jibri. I guess I will now install Java 11. I don’t know how to “un-adopt” without redoing the entire install of debian and jitsi…unfortunately. But thanks for the advice about adoptopenjdk.
I’ll begin the new install now. Thanks

oh well, it was a poor joke. Means uninstall really.

GPatel-fr, when I don’t stop Apache2 from running, I get “error” in trying to load full-nginx version. Lots of them. However, since I haven’t yet successfully ever loaded a clean Jitsi-meet install, could that be because I’m wrongfully stopping a necessary service like Apache2. But I get the Nginx errors. What gives? I follow the “quick install” version here to the letter. But I’m still failing. Please advise.

Huh, how can you have both Nginx and Apache installed ? seem strange.
what gives dpkg -l nginx* apache*