New Install jitsi-meet at own server Problem

Hello,
I am very new about Jitsi-Meet. i already install ubuntu 20.04 version. But problem is, When Firebox pc browser open meeting room. then only join from Firefox PC browser. also same as Android . Android client also can join from Android , cannot join from firefox PC browser. But if i use https://meet.jit.si then perfect work at all. android pc both. I am using default ssl Let’s Encrypt.
tnx
Md. Kasam

Try upgrading your Jitsi version.

already upgrade version.
sudo apt-get install jitsi-meet
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
jitsi-meet is already the newest version (2.0.4857-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.
still not change.
tnx

The issue may differ what you observed. Could you try to join the same meeting room from Firefox using

• 2 tabs (one participant on each, connecting the same room, to test P2P)
  • 3 tabs (one participant on each, connecting the same room, to test multiuser)

I have been through the same issue when I was installing using the quick install guide. The problem lies when you enter the DNS hostname when prompted for it.
Make sure you entered the correct DNS hostname as configured in you /etc/hosts file.

And for that you will need to purge everything and start with a fresh install, it won’t take much time.

And do you have a proper domain name with A records. Because if you’re doing it in localhost, then you won’t be able to join it using another device. And if you a own a proper DNS hostname, you can follow these commands in order:
sudo apt purge jigasi jitsi-meet jitsi-meet-web-config jitsi-meet-prosody jitsi-meet-turnserver jitsi-meet-web jicofo jitsi-videobridge2
You need to do it another time as some packages fail to uninstall properly.
sudo apt purge jigasi jitsi-meet jitsi-meet-web-config jitsi-meet-prosody jitsi-meet-turnserver jitsi-meet-web jicofo jitsi-videobridge2
sudo apt update
sudo apt install jitsi-meet

Thank you very much , solve. Thank you very much.
tnx

1 Like