[NEW FEATURE] Participants Pane (List) 🔥

Today, I almost shed a manly tear…

Look at what the Team gifted us:

I’ve longed for this for soooooooooo long! Ah, how my heart bubbles!

To the Jitsi Team: I know I sound like a broken record already, but THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! If I had a mighty Kingdom, I would give each of you a beautiful castle and ten 20-something year old virgins each (well, the Kingdom won’t be here in the U.S. so hush already with your overthinking self! :rofl:)

THANK YOU JITSIIIIIIIIII!!! Me love you long time!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Okay everybody, you know what time it is: LET’S DO THE HAPPY JITSI DANCE!!!

8 Likes

Hey @Freddie I have setup my jitsi on DigitalOcean and cannot find the config to enable participants pane. Can you guide me ?

@Chirag_Chopra welcome to the community! We are glad you are here!

:pushpin: Make sure 'participants-pane' is added/present in the toolbarButtons var of config.js:

toolbarButtons: [..., 'participants-pane', ...],

However, as of 2021-05-24T04:00:00Z, I do not believe this feature is in the current release. It may still be in unstable (https://meet.jit.si often runs newer versions before it’s released to everyone else. The Jitsi team can correct me if I am wrong.) ✓ It’s released (see below)

Yes it is. It’s currently available in stable and it’s on by default.

@Chirag_Chopra what version of Jitsi are you running?

Nice! I must be one version back. Thanks @Freddie

Working well on my server.

Bonus: The Participants list is an easy way for the Moderators to see who has their virtual hand raised.

Can I use trigger the participants-pane using my API object, like toggle it to show or hide on button click?
For example, I can toggleAudio and toggleVideo using API object but I didn’t find any such functionality for this one.
Help me out if you can please.

It would be very helpful to have something like this
api.executeCommand('toggleParticipants-pane');

you can try out this PR and if it works for you push for it to be merged…