Network quality degradation

When the network fluctuates, does SVC reduce the resolution?

Yes, it does when simulcast is used.

Is synchronous broadcasting enabled by default, such as video meeting between my two mobile clients

What do you mean by synchronous broadcasting?

Sorry, the translation given by my translation software is not accurate.

Is simulcast enabled by default, such as video meeting between my two mobile clients.

Video resolution on android mobile devices decreases when network quality decreases.Shall we re-collect low-resolution video stream from the front end, or directly apply for SVC to produce low-resolution video stream?

The server I set up by default does not enable simulcast by default? Then how does the network reduction achieve the synchronous reduction of video resolution? Will WebRTC automatically reduce the video quality of collection?

Simulcast is enabled by default when using chrome or iOS mobile app. Reducing quality according to clients network condition is video bridge task.

Is android different?

I have no idea what is the difference, someone from the mobile team can chime in about details @saghul :slight_smile: ?

Many Android devices have a VP8 hardware encoder so WebRTC will use that, and when it’s in use, there will be no simulcast.

Android client directly video meeting, if network quality goes up or down, is here to rewrite the RTP package to change the resolution?

Is it here to dynamically adjust the client video resolution according to network quality?

If there is no simulcast (which as I said there isn’t when the HW encoder is used) and since there is no SVC aither, there is no way for the bridge to change the resolution.

If I can see the resolution change then SVC is working

There is no spatial SVC in VP8, just temporal layers are provided, so you can see a change in the fps.

However, when the CPU skyrockets the engine may adjust the local camera resolution, this happens automatically.