Need to Restart JVB after every 2-3 days of Inactivity

Hi

I have installed Jitsi meet on Ubuntu server 21.04 with 1GBPS Connection 16GB RAM with Static IP and using latest Jitsi Stable from Master.

The server is running 24x7 and sometimes unused for 2-3 days (No meeting Activity but used as Nextcloud Server) what i have observed is when the next meeting is created with 2 or 4 people no one can see or hear each others till i restart JVB2.

I tried restarting prosody first to check if that solves even jicofo but it doesn’t work. This happens everytime when the JMS is left unused for 2-3 days.

Is there any workaround for this?

Do you see any error in jicofo or jvb logs, when this happens?

No logs at all! Strange.

What about on the client-side, when participants do not see each other, do you see an error ICE failed after some time?

I kept clients running for 5 Minutes yes i did see it happen once. There were 2 Mobile devices and 1 Desktop (Chrome) instance.

Can you comment the stun mapping harvester and configure your public and private IP addresses in jvb as shown in Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server · Jitsi Meet Handbook
and see whether you see the problem again?

I already had Public and Private IP in JVB, now as you suggested i have commented stun mapping harvester and restarted the server.

I will report again after 2-3 days of inactivity.

Thanks damencho!

I can confirm this is working after the changes, Thanks Damencho!