Need help with Jitsi-Meet in docker... Unstable and impossible to configure

We have been running our instance of jitsi on bare metal for some time now, but for economic and scalability reasons we tried switching on a docker environment…
So far, it has been a nightmare!

Setup:
Amazon AWS docker swarm
Portainer used for deployement
Traefik is used instead oif NGINX
We are running on an image from last week on the jitsi docker github

My issue is that, if I clear the stack, delete the config files and re-deploy the stack, it never has the same result! One time everything will load (web, jicofo, jigasi, prosody,jvb), the next one service won’t load and nothing I can do would make it load, one other time it’s another service… Or more. Logs when the stack does not start correctly are un-obtainable…

This config is so unstable that I can’t even start to diagnose the issues… Is there a user around that can help me with that ?

I feel a bit bad in replying to your call for help by a post bordering to a troll, but maybe you could consider using Linux containers instead ? It’s a lot nearer to running bare metal than using something like Docker, whose first purpose was to isolate one application, while jitsi-meet is the association of 4 main software process (web server, xmpp server, jicofo, java-videobridge). In fact the maintainer of Linux containers has stated that they should be thought of as small servers (just more restrained).
I don’t want to imply that it’s not possible to use Docker, of course.

Does it deploy the same as docker?
Because Jitsi-Meet Docker is a real project… It just does not actually work for us!

If I understand correctly, you only need auto-scalable JVB instances. No need to dockerize jitsi-meet/prosody/jicofo

We would have preferred having the full jitsi stack as setup in the Jitsi docker guide, and add JVBs as needed in case of large events with many participants

Now, with the issues we are having, we are starting to second-guess this setup!
We have a bare-metal install running fine, but the bloody thing cannot be updated without taking extreme precautions because, and I am sorry to say, the jitsi package is poorly built when it comes to updates!
(erasing all existing files and configs!)

Here are some examples of deployments without Docker from esteemed contributors of this forum:

I have no great need of elaborate setup myself, but on my smallish server I have 2 instances of Jitsi, one stable, one unstable; I run the unstable version almost always in a snapshotted state, if I ever find a big problem on a new version I roll back to the preceding one in 2 minutes.
It could also be possible to have a ‘old stable’ and a ‘new stable’ (aka testing) on the same server of course.
If I wanted to run Jibri I’d consider Docker actually. I’m not sure though.