Multiple participants for multiple video conferences running simultaneously

I’m a non-techie but I’m looking for a platform that will allow me to set up an online campus where multiple classes can run concurrently and host about 100 participants per class. Each class will have its own resources, therefore, each class really needs to have it’s own “room”. Can Jitsi allow this?
Can the authentication be configured to just one device?
I know that Jitsi can be integrated into a web or mobile app but can meeting links be automatically assigned to the different teachers that we are working with so that it’s their personal “room”?
Any help in understanding this is appreciated.

about 100 participants per class

That’s going to be challenging with meet.jit.si at the moment, although apparently that might change (increase) soon.

each class really needs to have it’s own “room”. Can Jitsi allow this?

A room is created when someone first opens it, so you can have as many rooms as you want.

The room disappears when the last person leaves, but will be created again when someone joins it.

Would that do what you need?

Can the authentication be configured to just one device?

I don’t understand this, I’m afraid.

can meeting links be automatically assigned to the different teachers that we are working with so that it’s their personal “room”?

You can give each teacher their own unique URL, and they each use only that URL.

If you did this, I’d suggest that you:

• make the URL very hard to guess, so that the likelihood of someone else inadvertently (or intentionally) trying to use “your” room is low
  • get the teacher to enable a password once they have opened the room, so that only those with the password can join

(But do bear in mind that any participant can eject any other participant, in the meet.jit.si implementation, so it does rely on people behaving well.)

Thanks @Neil_Brown This has been very helpful. How many participants does each conference room allow?

There’s a hard limit of 75 on meet.jit.si at the moment, although they are hoping to increase this soon. They say that best performance is around 35 people per room.