Multiple domains under 1 install

There are many config files need to change:
/etc/jitsi/meet/secondDomain-config.js
/etc/jitsi/jicofo/config
/etc/jitsi/videobridge/config
/etc/prosody/conf.avail/secondDomain.cfg.lua

I am lost after adding secondDomain to existing meet server. Any document that I can follow?

2 Likes

It has something to do with the CORS policy? seems like @musterschueler had the same problem but im not sure how its fixed? Do you have any idea?

has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn’t pass access control check: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

This is really helpfull, thanks a lot!

Hi @hokascha

I was too fast. Apache works fine but I can’t get the BOSH right:

It works! Now point your BOSH client to this URL to connect to Prosody.

I looked in the prosody config files and added the extra domain, but it doesn’t work.
Any ideas?

Are you getting the correct url when you call http://your-domain.com/config.js directly?

Yes I do

Any error messages in browser console?

Nope

Hi All,

I also have same issue.

I have 2 domains hosted on same server, lets say abc.com and xyz.com
meet.abc.com is working perfectly fine but now I want to create meet.xyz.com with different logo and customization.

Can I just copy the details from /etc/apache2/sites-available/meet.abc.com and create a similar file for meet.xyz.com with a new virtualhost (for port 80 as well as 443) and edit the alias like this:

Alias “/config.js” “/etc/jitsi/meet/meet.xyz.com-config.js”
<Location /config.js>
Require all granted

and leave everything else as it is, including Alias configuration for “/external_api.js” and Proxy details.

However, I am confused how will it help me change the logo and branding for different websites? I mean /usr/share/jitsi-meet/ will be same for everyone… so all images all configuration all js files will be same for all domains/websites.

Or am I missing something here?

Many Thanks,
Rav

Hi all

For using a second domain with different logo a.s.o. I created a seperate directory and copied all the files from the original jitsi-meet directory. In the apache config I point to that directory.
This is working fine.

But I don’t succeed to point my BOSH client to this URL to connect to Prosody.
Even if I adjust the prosody config.

I also have the feeling I am missing the point somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
JAV

For using a second domain with different logo a.s.o. I created a seperate directory and copied all the files from the original jitsi-meet directory. In the apache config I point to that directory.
This is working fine.

But I don’t succeed to point my BOSH client to this URL to connect to Prosody.
Even if I adjust the prosody config.

Do I miss the point somewhere?
Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
JAV

Hi,

I have a virtualmin setup with multiple domains hosted for myself, friends, family and few commercial hosting as well.

I tested Jitsi on Test sever and once I was happy with everything, I decided to move it on the Production server and after a lot of hickups finally got it working.

However, because I had to change the hostname of the main server to meet.mydomain.com - even though Jitsi worked it created a havoc for all my domains as a knock-on effect, which I realised only after few days.

After being deprived of any food or sleep for last 2 days/night - I have finally been able to revert back all the changes and got everything up and running as it should be, EXCEPT now Jitsi is not working.

So here are my 2 questions:
1.> Few of my costomers are asking for customised Jitsi hosted on their website with their name, logo etc. So I am wondering if I can install Jitsi as a subdomain for 1 or multiple websites that I already host and manage?
2.> Can I do this without changing the hostname of my server as it has been mapped with my ISP for reverse DNS and so on?

If the ansywer to both the questions are Yes, I will investigate further and seek assistance from all you intelligent people. However, if the answer to any of the question above is “No”, then I will have to let go Jitsi as “a product not suitable for me and my environment”.

Any quick/details comments, suggestion, help will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Rav

What about Apache configuration file? Is there any example or default file I can find? Unfortunately I can’t find a valid config file for Apache in the official repository examples.

I’m getting crazy: I get a configuration error when running apt install jitsi-meet on Ubuntu 20.04

Thanks a lot in advance!

The apache config file above of hokascha is working fine

unfortunately, not to me.

I get this:

Setting up jitsi-meet-prosody (1.0.4127-1) ...
The given hostname does not exist in the config
The given hostname does not exist in the config
dpkg: error processing package jitsi-meet-prosody (--configure):
 installed jitsi-meet-prosody package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jitsi-meet:
 jitsi-meet depends on jitsi-meet-prosody (= 1.0.4127-1); however:
  Package jitsi-meet-prosody is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package jitsi-meet (--configure):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for systemd (245.4-4ubuntu3.1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 jitsi-meet-prosody
 jitsi-meet
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have no Idea what this error processing is. Please help me, @jahrvos, thanks a lot!

I would recommend you to start from the beginning. Uninstall all jitsi packages.
Then first make sure apache is set up right en virtual hosts are working.

Hi,

I am still struggling to deploy Jitsi for multiple domains on 1 server as separate instances and customization.

As per my earlier message, I am using Virtualmin and hosting websites for 8 customers. 3 of them have liked Jitsi and would like it to be implemented on their domains. Obviously everyone wants their own name and logo.

So can anyone pls help me with step by step instruction on how to install:
meet.abc.com
meet.xyz.co.uk
meet.123.co.nz

I have already installed and using Jitsi on my test server, so I understand the basic installation, which starts from renaming the hostname and change the IP to the loopback address (/etc/hosts and /etch/hostname), but I cannot do that anymore, as it has live accounts and such changes will screw up main domain name, rDNS and so on, which in turn will impact email deliverability and so on. And that is why I am looking for fresh set of instruction using which I can work at the domain level rather than the server level.

Any quick help and pointers will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Rav

No update at all?

Looks like again no one cares.

I have same problem, How to configure Multidomain support for Jitsi Meet Docker ? (Behind CDN)

I guess they were just working on something else.

I have same problem like you :How to configure Multidomain support for Jitsi Meet Docker ? (Behind CDN)