Multiple domains under 1 install

There are many config files need to change:
/etc/jitsi/meet/secondDomain-config.js
/etc/jitsi/jicofo/config
/etc/jitsi/videobridge/config
/etc/prosody/conf.avail/secondDomain.cfg.lua

I am lost after adding secondDomain to existing meet server. Any document that I can follow?

1 Like

It has something to do with the CORS policy? seems like @musterschueler had the same problem but im not sure how its fixed? Do you have any idea?

has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn’t pass access control check: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

This is really helpfull, thanks a lot!

Hi @hokascha

I was too fast. Apache works fine but I can’t get the BOSH right:

It works! Now point your BOSH client to this URL to connect to Prosody.

I looked in the prosody config files and added the extra domain, but it doesn’t work.
Any ideas?

Are you getting the correct url when you call http://your-domain.com/config.js directly?

Yes I do

Any error messages in browser console?

Nope

Hi All,

I also have same issue.

I have 2 domains hosted on same server, lets say abc.com and xyz.com
meet.abc.com is working perfectly fine but now I want to create meet.xyz.com with different logo and customization.

Can I just copy the details from /etc/apache2/sites-available/meet.abc.com and create a similar file for meet.xyz.com with a new virtualhost (for port 80 as well as 443) and edit the alias like this:

Alias “/config.js” “/etc/jitsi/meet/meet.xyz.com-config.js”
<Location /config.js>
Require all granted

and leave everything else as it is, including Alias configuration for “/external_api.js” and Proxy details.

However, I am confused how will it help me change the logo and branding for different websites? I mean /usr/share/jitsi-meet/ will be same for everyone… so all images all configuration all js files will be same for all domains/websites.

Or am I missing something here?

Many Thanks,
Rav

Hi all

For using a second domain with different logo a.s.o. I created a seperate directory and copied all the files from the original jitsi-meet directory. In the apache config I point to that directory.
This is working fine.

But I don’t succeed to point my BOSH client to this URL to connect to Prosody.
Even if I adjust the prosody config.

I also have the feeling I am missing the point somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
JAV

For using a second domain with different logo a.s.o. I created a seperate directory and copied all the files from the original jitsi-meet directory. In the apache config I point to that directory.
This is working fine.

But I don’t succeed to point my BOSH client to this URL to connect to Prosody.
Even if I adjust the prosody config.

Do I miss the point somewhere?
Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
JAV