Muc_max_occupants still working in Jan 2021?

Hello,

I am very new and very clueless, but the person who helped me setting up jitsi tried unsucessfully to limit the number of participants (muc_max_occupants) in the version installed about 4 days ago.

He wrote:
“The module is still there,but its not being lloaded anymore by Prosody, the Authentcation client. Hence there is no instruction from Jitsi, why I believe that it was taken out.”

Unfortunately I cant say more, so this post is just to get some feedback if indeed muc_max_occupants does not work anymore or if there is another problem.

And just in case somebdy has a good instructions/guidance how to set muc_max_occupants up and what are the common errors, I would of course be grateful.

Thank you very much

Tom

The module is there and still works: jitsi-meet/mod_muc_max_occupants.lua at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub
Instructions are in the comments of the beginning of the module.
You need to enable it under: jitsi-meet/prosody.cfg.lua-jvb.example at 0d127b30df89ffe1ce0380f1e90dbd78e3722c55 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub
And just set the value of muc_max_occupants = 51 if you want 50 participant limit. If you have jibri or transcribers you will also want to whitelist their users with muc_access_whitelist config.