Is it possible to setup a meeting/conference (even if its on a hosted solution & not on meet.jit.si) with > 75 participants - say 100-200 participants - where most of them will be in a view-only mode for a typical classroom scenario?
- real time viewing of the host / presenter’s video/screen sharing
- user’s video will be turned off by default
- chat option for all users to ask questions
- If participant wants to ask a question, they will raise a hand, then, the video gets enabled (manually by the host or a moderator or automatically for N raised hands) and they come online. After the question (or when the host wants to), the user’s video can be turned off.
- Does it make sense to turn of video of individual particpants so that the load on video bridge is reduced and can have more participants?
- Assuming it does, we implement this concept of raising hand, user video enabling & disabling etc, what kind of system impact (server load etc) and user experience issues be foreseen?