Maximum user limit set in & max duration limit

Hi,

I’m a developer and trying to the followings on Jitsi.

1. Want to create 5 plans, let’s call them plan A,B,C,D,E.
  2. Each plan would have maximum limit defined for participants, call duration & recording duration.

While this is possible by setting up 5 instances for each plan, but that would be highly adverse.

Need your suggestion and guidance in setting these plans in Jitsi.

Thanks

@damencho @georgefong Looking forward for your expert opinions and guidance.

Duration of the call you can try https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/blob/master/doc/reservation.md this is the only option, and as you can control calls from your reservation service you can have as much plans as you want

@damencho Thank you for your help, this helps on one point. This solves the concern about the “Call Duration”.

How can we set limit on number of participants per plan (max. limit)??

Thanks

There is no logic to control it dynamically, you can just set a global limit:

What you can do is developed totally independent prodody module doing both, by sending the jwt of the user to an HTTP service retrieving both values, and applying them for the conference.

@damencho Thanks. This sounds great. Please guide us on how to develop prosody module independently.

Any guide or reference code/library please ?

What you can do is “developed totally independent prodody module” doing both, by sending the jwt of the user to an HTTP service retrieving both values, and applying them for the conference.

Thanks

@gopibnrj

There is no guide or manual on developing custom Prosody modules. I would start with the lua language guide , the Prosody developer guide and these examples to familiarize yourself what you need to get started.

Start by creating a copy of a simple plugins (from /usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins) and make changes to it so it logs something you can look for in /var/log/prosody/prosody.log. For example: log("info", "hello world");

Then, add your new module to modules_enabled in your /etc/prosody/conf.avail/meet.domain.com.cfg.lua. Restart Prosody and watch the logs to verify your module loaded.

You will need some Linux and programming experience to achieve this. Good luck!

Thanks for the detailed info @corby

I’m also interested in playing around with the reservation system. Can anyone recommend a simple open source reservation project that I can use as a PoC?

Cheers