Maximum number of participants on a meeting on meet.jit.si server

You will need several jvb instances for that, you can start with 10 and see how it goes, monitoring them … anyway you should make them autoscale to keep up with the load.

@damencho I want to the server configuration details so that I can set up my server regarding the related configuration for a run meet.jit,si server, jvb instances.

Youtube does not allow easy livestreaming because they have many conditions before you can do it.

if i use my own jitsi server with spec 4 CPU , RAM 32 Gb , can i have a meeting with 100 people?

No way if they have open cameras.

With 70 participants we reserve 32 cores for the full stack. 16 would do it if they mostly open cameras when speaking. That requires 6-7 cores (2-3 by the recorder component) but when people arrives before the meetings, they always talk to each others with open cameras and do some testing, so we move between 16 and 24 cores in that phase.

If people doesn’t close cameras, sure you’ll go above 100% CPU consumption and Jicofo will become irresponsive (it will stop notifying who’s speaking).

Regards,

Kenneth

70 participants assuming we need 24cores = 24cpu?

I have seen a meeting of 56 participants, with 50% having camera on, on a 20 core 64GB physical XEON server at 5% CPU usage and 6gb RAM usage. Another time we had 5 parallel conferences, with 127 members in total, 90% witj camera off and CPU usage was 16%

1 Like

You can create an Unlisted stream and embed the YouTube in a webpage that you use for notes and documents

thanx! :+1:

What cloud/server do you have Jibri working on? AWS? ubuntu 16?

meaning of 20 cores?

I am a little bit confused. I am writing a paper for the university on Jitsi maximal number of participants and you are saying here that the limit is 75 participants. in another comment, you said there is no limit as long as a person uses a server with multiple jitsi video bridges.
so I got completely lost, maybe i didn’t get the point. but i am assuming that this answer is an old answer before using the jitsi video bridges or i missing something here. could you @damencho please answer this. and if there any paper from the jitsi.org itself that refers to this topic

This is a configuration. If you have your deployment this is not enabled by default and there is no restrictions. The restriction comes from the power of the client machines and how much they can handle. And there are several approaches to offload them like lastN.
For the meet.jit.si service we had chosen to enable the restriction with the value of 75.
So the limit is per deployment, configured by the admin of that deployment, it is not restriction in the software itself.

3 Likes

20 CPU cores (10 per processor x 2)

Hello Team,
As a newbee to Jistsi,Few queries to resolve.
if we host jitsi own server instance for 1000 participant on my website.

• What will be the machine configuration?

• is there any need of load balancer?

• What will be the overall price if we host in AWS EC2?

Thanks in advance for the quick response :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @damencho

We have setup Octo and spread over the load on 5 VB. We see good upto 70 people on mobile phone and web UI. (There are some people who cant see video though), however after 75 people, the UI become non-responsive and buttons stops working, video button dont press. Each client has different behaviour. Only one speaker sharing his screen and audio rest all on mute.

I have a customer who need 95 doctors in a room. There is no load on servers. Logs are disabled, notifications are disabled, audio levels are disabled. What to do for UI on mobile and Web.

I notified even if there is LasN configured, still android make video track for all the participants. Is there any way we can reduce number of video tracks based on the visibility on the screen and it create track only when participant is visible on screen on the client.

Hello @saghul

We have setup Octo and spread over the load on 5 VB. We see good upto 70 people on mobile phone and web UI. (There are some people who cant see video though), however after 75 people, the UI become non-responsive and buttons stops working, video button dont press. Each client has different behaviour. Only one speaker sharing his screen and audio rest all on mute.

Could you guide something on this… urgent help is required.

what is your bandwidth? what Octo config is setup, roundrobin or geo?

As promised you delivered. The new interface is so much better for those logging in from their Mobile. Thank You. Appreciate your efforts.