Make ** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop

npm install runs, but when i try to ‘make’ the project, it shows me this error
“** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.” and i can’t find any package.json file in sources, so how will i change the path of lib-jitsi-meet. (on my local)
On my server i can’t find config.js and package.json in jitsi-meet folder.
node - 10.15.2, npm - 6.4.1

0 Likes

Where did you download sources from?
On the server, you had installed jitsi-meet Debian packages which contain only binary and no sources. The sources contain package.json.
On your deployment, you can find config.js in /etc/jitsi/meet.

0 Likes

I downloaded my source from https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi-meet/src/

0 Likes

This is just the sources with no build files there. You better use git and checkout the project from https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet there is also options to download an archive of the source.

0 Likes

i am sorry, i am asking too many questions, say i clone the repo and customise it, how will i deploy the code, despite the binaries already installed on my server.

0 Likes

Just change the root folder from which meet is served in your webserver, from /usr/share/jitsi-meet/ to the folder where is the modified version and just make sure the webserver can read there.

0 Likes

Everything is working fine, i deployed the code and replaced the code inside /usr/share/jitsi-meet with my customized repo, after i run make and open the website and another user starts to join, i get this error, it goes after restarting the service few times(more than once)
CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.videobridgeNotAvailable

0 Likes

Apparently you don’t have any bridge registered to the xmpp server. Check jvb logs.

0 Likes

No errors in jvb logs, but it started working after a few minutes, did not change anything. what can be the issue? occurs after a make command in the repo

0 Likes

If you restart jicofo, prosody or bridge it take some time the bridge to publish stats and jicofo to detect it as healthy (up to 60 secs).
This is printed in the logs.

0 Likes

Hey, i want to set display name of person from cookies, can you tell me the exact path to update it from my cookies, which files need to be modified to update user’s display name.

0 Likes

@damencho any updates on this?

0 Likes

Here is where display name is taken from localstorage:

0 Likes

i did this but it does not update the opposite user with the name first time, it says fellow jitsier first time while the user can see his name on the tab but the opposite caller cannot see other’s name.

0 Likes