Main Jitsi meet site: Audio lost to one person after stopping screen share, started right before July 10th, 2021

I’ve been using Jitsi for meetings weekly for over a year and always works well using the main meet.jit.si side, except recently sometime before July 10th, 2021 something changed such that audio connection to one user becomes a problem after stopping sharing.

Here’s what happens:

Meeting with 3+ people, audio and video all fine.
Alice shares a browser tab including the audio.
Sometimes all but one user, Bob, can’t hear the shared audio. Bob exits meeting and reconnects and can now hear the audio.
Once Alice stops sharing the browser tab (audio/video), now Bob can’t hear Alice anymore.
All the other users can hear fine and can communicate back and forth. Only one user can’t hear Alice.
If either Bob or Alice leaves and comes back to the meeting it resolves the audio connection problem.

This failure after stopping a share is pretty common, seems to affect just one user of the group. The failure to hear the shared audio by one user is not as common but has occurred.

I have witnessed this in several different meetings with different users / machines.

I know in the one group all users were running Google Chrome.

This all just started happening recently, everything had been solid with all these users before July 10th.

The situation can always be resolved by either the Alice or Bob leaving the meeting and reconnecting but obviously this is very frustrating.

Thanks for all the hard work on this great product. I hope this is an easy one to figure out.

Jeff

did you look at this thread ?

That’s good information in the thread and maybe that is a clue, but is not exactly the issue since the audio stops working for only one participant after stopping screen share. And occasionally audio doesn’t work while screen sharing for one participant while it is for the others.