We observed some strange behaviour, at first on our private Jitsi instance, but we can reproduce it on meet.jit.si as well.
- Participant A creates a meeting, with both audio and video enabled on the pre-meeting page.
- Participant B joins the meeting, with audio enabled, but video disabled on the pre-meeting page.
- Participant B can see and hear participant A, and participant A can hear participant B, so far so good.
- Now, participant B clicks on the camera button to enable their video.
- Participant A can now see participant B’s video, but participant B loses the video connection to participant A and can no longer see participant A’s video (but audio is unaffected).
- The only way for participant B to see A’s video again is to reconnect to the meeting. It doesn’t matter if participant A toggles their video off and on.
Screenshot made on participant B’s side:
This happens on CentOS Linux 8 with Google Chrome 95.0.4638.69 (fresh profile, no addons on both sides). It is not 100% reproducible, but maybe two out of three times.
Any ideas? Should I open an issue on github?