Looking for a contractor to install on a dedicated server

We have a dedicated server in a server farm. It’s a Xeon E3-1240 v3 16GB DDR3 running CentOS 7 x86_64 and WHM and cPanel. The connection to the world is 1 gigabit per second. We host lots of web sites and email on this server but we come nowhere close to using up the processor or the RAM or the ethernet. We’d like to add a Jitsi server if we can. I wonder if we can pay someone to help us do this.

Hi,

Could you tell us the ports that are being used right now? What web server (nginx/apache) that you are using to serve the current websites?

Regards,
Team WebRTC Expert
support@webrtcexpert.com

be aware that it seems (may be im wrong but…) that its not possible to run it on centos WHM/cpanel

look at other post about cpanel install
You, may be, better find another server just for jitsi …

I am delighted to report that a very kind colleague did an install of Jitsi Meet for me on our dedicated server using docker. It works great! I would never have been able to figure out how to do it myself. Now of course I would like to customize the start page for Jitsi Meet a little bit. Change the color and change a few words, nothing more. I guess this means going to the source code and editing it a bit and then compiling it into a modified version of docker-jitsi-meet, and then loading that into my server? The only part of that which probably could figure out how to do is editing the file that contains the words for the start page, and editing the file that contains the hex code for the color of the start page. That’s probably the limit of my skills. And probably I cannot even figure out which two files those are.

So can I pay somebody to (1) point me to the two files, and (2) watch me in a shared desktop while I edit them to make sure I don’t do something stupid like a failed closing parenthesis or curly bracket or something, and (3) let me watch while they compile everything into a modified version of docker-jitsi-meet, so I can watch to see how it is done, and (4) let me watch while they load the new docker-jitsi-meet onto my server, and (5) I guess docker-compose down and then docker-compose up or something like that.

Or if you won’t take money for this, can I donate some money in your name to the charity of your choice? That kind of thing?

Updated … snooping around in github it looks like the words I want to edit are in this file: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/lang/main-enGB.json and the background color that I want to change is coded in this file: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/react/features/welcome/components/styles.js . Now to show how clueless I am in this programming language the line of code I probably want to modify is

backgroundColor: ColorPalette.blue

and I hope someone will tell me how to change that from blue to #EFE6F8 .

Oh and now I realize I would need to edit every regional file for every language!

And again there is money in this for somebody, or a donation to the charity of your choice,

I can help you on the changes you have asked for if its paid work; I am an expert looking for work! Please share your email/skype and we can take it from there;