Logs for created sessions and users who join them

Hi all—

First a thank you to the developers. I’ve installed jitsi-meet on a private server instance and it was very straightforward. I’ve also added the user requirement for creating sessions, which is also very nice.

Is there a log file that I can directly look at to see when somebody has attempted to create a new session, and who has joined each session? Some previous answers on this topic have suggested callstats.io, but I’m hoping that there’s just a regular old log file that says this.

In particular, every time somebody clicks “go”, I’m hoping that there’s a log file that writes down the ID (say, “ThisIsTheCall”) and then also writes down the provided username of everybody who joins the call. I’ve looked at /var/log/jitsi/jicofo.log, but I am not particuluarly confident in my interpretation of that file. In an ideal world, this log would also say whether somebody provided credentials necessary to start a meeting, or whether they tried and failed.

If there is no such log file, could somebody provide a little guidance about how to do that?

Thank you in advance for reading and any guidance you can provide.

You can scrape jicofo logs.