Location of authenticated sessions data

Hi,

I have configured custom authentication on on Jitsi Meet using a HTTP API, and have set authentication timeout to one week by setting org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.AUTH_LIFETIME in /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties.

I couldn’t figure out where authenticated sessions data are stored on disk, I expected to find them inside /var/lib/prosody/ but it looks like they are not there.

My goal is to deploy a Jitsi cloud server every morning and to destroy it every evening, without asking authenticated users to log in again every day.

So I need to persist and preserve authenticated sessions data, restoring them every morning on the new server deployed, so that the sessionId contained in the local storage is validated correctly.

What’s the location of authenticated sessions?

Thanks

Jicofo memory

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @damencho!

I’m a colleague of @andre8244, is there any other way to preserve the authentication status after a reboot of the server?
We have tried to explore the use of JTW for that scope, but if we have understood correctly, the JWT must be passed via query parameter and cant be saved on the local storage or in a cookie.

Correct.

Not at the moment.

1 Like