Local Screen Sharing with Jitsi

Hello,

I would like to use Jitsi for screen sharing. I want to share the screen from one laptop (preferrably Windows), so it can be seen from multiple tablets. The tablets shall be wirelessly connected to the laptop (for example via hotspot). None of the devices shall have internet Access. Is this possible with Jitsi? If so, how can I get it to work? Do I need to set up a server on the laptop? Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

You need at least the server and a dns server installed on that.

Thanks for your fast reply! I tried setting it up with the self-hosting guide.
I followed the instructions and managed to setup a server and a dns server (I think). If I type in either 192.168.207.1 or 127.0.0.1 in my browser I get to the page where it tells me “Welcome to nginx! If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working.”
If I type “meet.uab.org” in my browser I can start a meeting from there.

I have not managed to access the server from another device however. I tried using a mobile Router (RavPower RP-WD009) to connect the devices. I have the router connected via LAN to the computer that I want to broadcast from. With another device I connected to the WiFi of the router and tried joining the meeting by typing the IP-address in the browser, but I just get the error “This site can’t be reached”. I also tried typing in meet.uab.org but it gives me the same error. I also tried to join the meeting via the Jitsi Meet app and typed in the URL of the meeting, but it won’t connect either.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be? Is the router I’m using suitable for my needs?
When I connected a windows computer to the router and checked “ipconfig” in cmd, it said that the standard gateway was 10.10.10.254.
I’m guessing that the first 3 numbers of the IP address need to be identical to the servers IP address? I have not managed to configure the router however. I tried typing in the standard gateway in the web browser, but it won’t connect to the router…

Thank you for your help, much appreciated!

Sounds like local network issues. Its nothing jitsi related.