Lobby/Waiting Room

Apologies, my question was indeed vague; I meant, when enabled in prosody, instead of an moderator manually enabling it for a specific room, is it also possible to enable it for a room with a config or interface parameter?

I think not. Generally there is nothing in Jitsi-meet to setup special characteristics for rooms.

Is this feature only available for authenticated deployments? I made the changes to my prosody config but I am not seeing the lobby UI anywhere. Using the latest master branch.

surely not, I just posted a step by step configuration for the authenticated case because this case was not covered in @damencho original message. If you follow these original instructions (and make sure that you have prosody 11) it should work.

Where exactly did you post? Checked your profile to see if you posted in the forum somewhere else…

Can you please direct me to your step by step instructions Post?

here
It’s still valid AFAICT for the authenticated domain vanilla case.
For the public config case (no authentication) the @damencho post in the same thread should do.

I take it the waiting room feature is not yet in meet.jit.si. Can you advise when this will be the case, or at least an approximation? I do not use my own server and have no need to implement one.

In the following weeks. Not ETA yet

Do know any one who knows Lua?

Hi @damencho,

I appreciate the work of the Jitsi team on this feature and looking forward to it. Will you drop a short note here as soon as this feature is released (not in the master branch but in the official release)?

Thanks in advance.

:+1:

1 Like

Hi @damencho

I tried to add these lines highlighted in green to my
prosody >> /etc/prosody/conf.avail/mywebite.cfg.lua

I also tried changing the lib-jitsi-meet line to:
“lib-jitsi-meet”: “github:jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet#c700fbd584a315d4398c481ecc2286c4a711c20c”,

You said the functionality is already in lib-jitsi-meet. Do i have to update that package?
npm install lib-jitsi-meet@latest ? or just leave as is?

What is the last screenshot for?
Is that another file I need to modify? If so, where is it and what is it called?

I can’t see the new enable lobby button in Security Options when i deploy it to my server… only when doing make dev and testing on your servers.

Thanks!

I’ve noticed that there is a new version running at https://meet.jit.si/

where and how can we know when a new version is released and what features were added?

1 Like
2 Likes

Is it possible to choose witch version to use on https://meet.jit.si/ when using with API?

Nope.

So is the lobby feature not available for jitsi/jitsi-meet yet? Only for jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet? (from what i understand of the releases).
I was using jitsi/jitsi-meet deployment for my own home server but was hoping to use the lobby features.

I’m having difficulty understanding why i see the lobby when running make dev in local testing but not on my home server.

As it is enabled on alpha.jitsi.net where latest unstable packages are being deployed. If you make a clean install from latest unstable, it should have it.

1 Like

I’ve only followed the quick install before.
Is there a set of instructions for clean install of the unstable?
or a line to run on my linux terminal to clone unstable version?

Just change the stable to unstable repo. And make sure you have prosody 0.11 before that.
The changed step is:
echo 'deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/jitsi-keyring.gpg] https://download.jitsi.org unstable/' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jitsi-unstable.list > /dev/null

1 Like