LIve Streaming not working

Live Streaming as well as Recording not working after setting up and configuring Jibri (on seperate server) and Jitsi Meet.

I have followed all the instructions according to these links:

https://github.com/jitsi/jibri#installing-jibri

https://youtu.be/OHHoqKCjJ0E

Server 1 (Jitsi) : AWS EC2 t2.medium - Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-1074-aws x86_64)

Server 2 (Jibri) : AWS EC2 t2.medium - Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-141-generic x86_64)

Please guide me.

Thanks

Do you get any error log lines in Jibri?

Hi @avirath_tech,

I hope you have installed the latest versions of Jitsi and Jibri as only then they’ll be compatible with each other. Also, logs would help debug.

Abhijit

I have installed latest nightly of Jitsi Meet.

And installed Jibri today using :
sudo apt-get install jibri

How do i check their version?

Where do I get the logs?

Is it in - /var/log/jitsi/jibri ?

Latest Jibri log:

log.0.txt (3.3 KB)

Jicofo log:

jicofo.log (244.0 KB)
prosody.log (37.4 KB)

Hi @avirath_tech,

2019-01-17 12:42:51.062 SEVERE: [1] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.start() Error connecting to xmpp environment: org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘crweb.sxcs.in:5222’ failed because: crweb.sxcs.in/13.232.74.121 exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

From your Jibri log, the jibri is not able to connect to the Jitsi server. There is some xmpp domain mismatch in your config or some connection issue.

Interestingly these services in Jibri are inactive (dead):

sudo service jibri-xorg status
sudo service jibri-icewm status
sudo service jibri-xmpp status

jibri-xorg and jibri should be active. Please start them. I’m not sure of the others.

I have attached the Jibri config file. I think I have edited the config correctly.config.txt (3.0 KB)

How to activate / start them? command?

The Jibri config looks fine. Did you add the corresponding changes on the prosody config?

service jibri-xorg start
service jibri start

Check their status after starting. SHould be on. Once restarted successfully, restart jicofo.

Here it is:

prosody.cfg.txt (8.5 KB)
crweb.sxcs.in.cfg.lua.txt (1.8 KB)

jibri 7.1.70-1

jicofo 1.0-447-1

jitsi-meet 1.0.3483-1

jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.3168-1

jitsi-meet-web 1.0.3168-1

jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.3168-1

jitsi-videobridge 1101-1

python3-jinja2 2.8-1

Do I need to update jibri, jicofo or meet?

Any solution?

Hi @avirath_tech,

The configs look fine. And the versions are also ok. I hope you have added these accounts to prosody.

prosodyctl register jibri auth.yourdomain.com jibriauthpass
prosodyctl register recorder recorder.yourdomain.com jibrirecorderpass

If everything is ok, the only issue I see the connection between your Jitsi and JIbri server is some problem.

May be @bbaldino can pinpoint the error.

Abhijit

Yes. I have added these accounts to prosody. I have followed the guide carefully.

prosodyctl register jibri auth.crweb.sxcs.in jibriauthpass

prosodyctl register recorder recorder.crweb.sxcs.in jibrirecorderpass