Listening for full screen event? Or remapping shortcut key?

Due to how we are embedding the iframe in our app, the “s” key currently used (as well as the menu item) for putting Jitsi in full screen is impacting our ability to overlay our own UI.

We aren’t modifying Jitsi in any way; we are implementing a UI overlay which works fine in browser fullscreen mode (using F11, for example, or the native document.body.requestFullscreen()), however the ‘s’ button or menu item “Fullscreen” in Jitsi seems to be using the video element to make itself full screen.

Based on issues I’ve read on your GitHub it seems like this was a work-around, rather than an intended functionality. It might even make sense if Jitsi were embedded within a web page, however I need to override this functionality to make the shortcut and the menu item respond by issuing document.body.requestFullscreen() instead.

How do I listen for this event? I can’t seem to add an event listener specifically for this.

To be clear: I can add an event listener to the “s” keydown event; I need to know how to override your event listener.

I’m having same issue, did you find any solution for this?

No, but they are using the video element and requesting the full screen on this, which is the problem.

When you do this, the result is the video element takes over the entire page and overlays everything.

The same thing could be achieved using the method I asked about; this seems like a bad implementation on Jitsi’s part. I realize they are using a video element to display the call window, but using the body element would solve a lot of issues - it makes it possible to wrap their element, for example.

I may try a work around hack of redefining the “s” key behavior after waiting for the iframe to load, then reassigning a new event listener.

It’s hacky because the original event listener is still there, but it might work.