Limited recording time

Hi!
I have been using Jitsi for 1 year. I record my sessions which can last more than 4 hours. Jitsi is linked in France with Dropbox. I don’t know if it’s the same for all countries. In short, everything is going perfectly well.
Except that since today, the recording stops by itself after an hour and I have to manually restart it which is not at all practical.

Why is Jitsi limited to 1 hour recording?
And why can’t I mute the voice that informs that the recording is on or off? it’s disturbing because I record hypnosis sessions…

You imagine, being in a state of hypnosis and suddenly hearing “Recording is off” then “Recording is on”…
not cool for my patient isn’t it ?

I searched through the few settings shown in the application, but did not find anything in terms of timing and mute the recording announcements … Do you have any idea?
Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forum.

The simple answer to all your questions is to host your own Jitsi server. The public instance now has a one-hour recording limit set on it. You won’t have to deal with this limit if you host your own server. Also, the notifications you’re talking about can be disabled in interface_config.js - again, accessible only in your own server.

Optionally, you can subscribe to the very affordable plan on 8x8 for more control on your Jitsi environment (ongoing promo - just 99 cents a month!!!) - https://www.8x8.com/products/video-conferencing

Happy Jitsi-ing! :smiley:

1 Like

thank you for your reply. I will find out how to host my own jitsi server. hope to find this information in French :slightly_smiling_face:
Thk again