Limit users for a meeting

Hi

I have tried to set number of users who can join to a meeting by refering to below url.

I have added configs to /etc/prosody/conf.avail/mydomain.cfg.lua is as follows. but no luck found.

Any suggestions

Component “conference.meet.example.com” "muc"
** storage = “none”**
** muc_max_occupants = 3**
** modules_enabled = {**
** “muc_meeting_id”;**
** “muc_domain_mapper”;**
** “muc_max_occupants”;**
** – “token_verification”;**
** }**
** muc_access_whitelist = { “recorder.meet.example.com” }**
** admins = { “focus@auth.meet.example.com” }**
** muc_room_locking = false**
** muc_room_default_public_jids = true**

Can you offer more details about how it is not working? Is it causing errors? does not not limit users the way you expect it to? Do you see any errors in prosody logs?

mydomain.com.cfg.txt (4.1 KB)
prosody.log (19.0 KB)
Hi

Apologies for late response.

after the configs i was able to join with more users than limit number

please find prosody.conf file as well as prosody logs

Jun 17 19:46:02 modulemanager   warn    Error loading module 'external_services' on 'mydomain.com': ...jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_external_services.lua:103: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'configured_services' (a table value)
stack traceback:
        /usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:31: in function </usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:31>
        ...jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_external_services.lua:103: in function <...jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_external_services.lua:101>
        (tail call): ?
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        /usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:31: in function </usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:28>

This doesn’t look right. You sure every works correctly, and you main issue is users can join beyond the max occupant limit?

What version of prosody and jitsi are you using?

Also, you seem to have the conference muc defined twiced? almost identical, but with different storage. I’m seeing this on line 55:

Component "conference.mydomain.com" "muc"
    storage = "none"
    modules_enabled = {
        "muc_meeting_id";
        "muc_domain_mapper";
                "muc_max_occupants";
        --"token_verification";
    }
        muc_max_occupants = "2"
        muc_access_whitelist = { "focus@auth.mydomain.com" }
    admins = { "focus@auth.mydomain.com" }
    muc_room_locking = false
    muc_room_default_public_jids = true

… and this on line 103

Component "conference.mydomain.com" "muc"
   storage = "memory"
   modules_enabled = {
       "muc_meeting_id";
       "muc_domain_mapper";
       "muc_max_occupants";
   }
   muc_max_occupants = "2"
   muc_access_whitelist = { "focus@auth.mydomain.com" }
   admins = { "focus@auth.mydomain.com" }
   muc_room_locking = false
   muc_room_default_public_jids = true

What happens if you delete the bottom one, and change the top one to have storage = "memory"?

Hi

I haven’t configure any authentication in this. just a default installation of jitsi.

i can connect to more than 2 users even though i have set to muc_max_occupants = “2”

please find the attached config file and log

mydomain.cfg.lua.txt (3.8 KB)
prosody.log (35.4 KB)

Also how can i check the prosody version?

dpkg -l "prosody*"

your prosody version is 0.10.0

is it a incompatible version?

This version has no support for many new features but I have no idea about the max_occupants support.

Thank your… i have searched for a fix by reading many articles but couldn’t find fixed solution.

will wait someone to comment on this hopefully :slight_smile:

You should upgrade that prosody anyway, it’s too outdated. 0.10 will limit you in many ways.

will upgrading prosody will solve the limit users?

Upgrading prosody will hopefully address the errors we are seeing in your logs. It may or may not fix your issue with occupant limits, but if it doesn’t it will certainly make it easier to narrow down what the issue might be.

Apologies if I was not very clear and unintentionally alluded to issues re auth. My concern was that you have configured your conference muc twice in the same config.

Edit: just saw your latest config attachment, and it looks like you have removed the duplicate muc config. Have you tried it with storage = "memory"?