Kazakh(Kazakhstan) localization

Hello,

I’m writing to you from the BMG company. We are using your SDK for the mobile version of our application, Online Mektep. Online Mektep is a platform that aims to help school students to study from their homes during the Coronavirus quarantine.

As Developers, we really like your service. However, the vast majority of our audience are from Kazakhstan, meaning we face the issues with a lack of Kazakh language localisation while using your SDK.

We would like to ask you to add a Kazakh language localisation. To make things easier, we have already localised the jitsi.rtf file ourselves at BMG. All words and sentences in the jitsi.rtf file were carefully translated by our native speakers according to Kazakh grammar and semantic norms. And we are more than happy to provide it for you.

We believe this can help both of us, for you - improve your service, for us - have an ability to use Kazakh language in our application.

Let me know what you think about it.

Kind Regards,
BMG developer

You can create a PR to jitsi-meet adding those translations. You need new line for your message in https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/lang/languages.json
And then add appropriate languages-XX.json and main-XX.json for your language using main.json and languages.json as a template.
We will add in the future a translation platoform so updates and new languages to be easily done, but we still haven’t time and resources to do so.

Hi,

I have added a Kazakh language support using your instructions provided. If you add new sentences to the file in the future, we will be more than happy to add translation to them too.

Thanks, Tulegen.