JWT not working on Debian 9

I get this error in the /var/log/prosody/prosody.err file:

Apr 03 20:04:18 c2s5636f09212e0 error Traceback[c2s]: /usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_posix.lua:123: bad argument #3 to ‘format’ (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘format’
/usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_posix.lua:123: in function ‘?’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/logger.lua:46: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/logger.lua:44>
(tail call): ?
…jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_muc_domain_mapper.lua:90: in function ‘?’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/filters.lua:24: in function ‘filter’
/usr/lib/prosody/core/sessionmanager.lua:35: in function ‘send’
/usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_saslauth.lua:295: in function ‘?’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:78: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:74>
/usr/lib/prosody/core/stanza_router.lua:149: in function ‘core_process_stanza’
/usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_c2s.lua:254: in function ‘func’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/async.lua:90: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/async.lua:88>

I installed prosody-trunk_1nightly747-1 and the Rest from the current stable branch

In the jvb.log I receive this Error:

2020-04-03 20:09:01.676 SEVERE: [24] RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run#198: org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized

In the jicofo.log I receive this error:

Jicofo 2020-04-03 20:09:34.062 SEVERE: [54] org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.XmppProtocolProvider.doConnect().315 Failed to connect/login: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 15000ms (~15s). Waited for response using: StanzaIdFilter: id=9tsOD-152.
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 15000ms (~15s). Waited for response using: StanzaIdFilter: id=9tsOD-152.

Any one has a clue?

Same issue here. If you find a solution please post it!

Hi there, I was able to get it to work by downloading another version of mod_posix.lua.
This is what I’ve done.

service prosody stop
cd /usr/lib/prosody/modules
mv mod_posix.lua mod_posix.old
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bjc/prosody/master/plugins/mod_posix.lua
service prosody start

And now it works. I hope this helps you too.

3 Likes

What was your server set up? Debian 9?
Thanks

Ubuntu 16.04

1 Like

Sparvieres solution solved also my issues and i have it fully up and running now on Debian 9 with JWT.

I created the follow doc to install Jitsi Meet (with new JVB2) and Jitsi meet tokens in ubuntu 18.04, it’s working perfectly.

Jitsi Installation Doc

1 Like

thats very helpful.
had to use some things from here:

lua 5.2