Jvb2 SASL auth error when moving storage to sql

I successfully used prosody-migrator to convert my users to a PostgreSQL database. But now, when I insert

storage = “sql”

in prosody.conf, jvb2 fails with authentication error in jvb.err:

SEVERE: [23] RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run#198: org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized

In the DB I only find data for my regular users, I suspect that I still need some users/credentials for internal use that are now missing. What is the correct way to move everything from internal storage to sql?

I also note that the passwords are stored in plaintext, not as a hash. This is also the case with the passwords stored in the file system in the accounts/*.dat file.

My install uses mostly default values from the installers, I just changed the system to require authentication for creating conferences only, exactly as described in the docs. With internal storage, everything operates properly.

Thanks for any help and regards
Marcel

…meanwhile I found the problem myself. I inserted the credentials for the users “focus” and “jvb” in the auth domain manually, now the system works perfectly also with sql backend.

Hi marcel,
I have encountered to this problem too, can you please explain the changes you made with more details?

Thanks in advance
UPDATE: Finally I got the solution you mentioned, just run these commands to register jvb and focus users:
prosodyctl register focus auth.mydomain.com x3eDy8q2
prosodyctl register jvb auth.mydomain.com xhD3dW