Jvb121 and simulcast problems (SD quality with less than 3 participants)

Hello,

I’ve got a jitsi-meet setup with p2p disabled and simulcast enabled. If I start a conference with 2 participants, they join and are at SD/SD or SD/LD quality (while both broadcasting up 3M of traffic). If a third party joins and they pin or switch to the new participant, everyone starts playing nicely and gets up to HD. As soon as one party drops off and it’s back to 121 over the jvb, we’re back to SD/SD down…

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

@bbaldino was that fixed in the new bridge? I remember we were having such an issue with old bridge, right? Or it was UI problem?

It sounds like this issue is when the call is over p2p? Or am I misreading?

@bbaldino p2p going through the bridge.

Ah, sorry, I totally missed that he mentioned p2p was disabled. Yes, that bug was fixed in new bridge. @mosatch, are you using jvb 2.0?

Thanks to you both,

Yes, two participants through the bridge. I’m on:
jitsi-videobridge/stable,now 1126-1 amd64 [installed]

Should I go with the unstable .deb to get 2.0?

As far as I know this wasn’t a known bug on 1.0, so I’m not sure why it was happening…Trying 2.0 might at least give an interesting data point (if the issue didn’t occur).

@bbaldino, Thanks for your help. 2.0 fixes the problem for me. Is there a version that is regarded as stable? What’s running on meet.jit.si?

Thanks,

JVB 2.0 has been running on meet.jit.si for a couple of months now, but we’ve not fully blessed it as ‘stable’ yet. We plan/hope to do so by the end of February.

awesome, thanks.