JVB fails in AWS

Hi @damencho

My conferences are crashing every three seconds. I think there is a problem with JVB registering. I was using digital ocean but recently I moved to AWS and this problem started arising.

Sep 03, 2020 2:32:01 PM org.jitsi.utils.logging2.LoggerImpl log
INFO: Loaded NewConfig with origin: merge of system properties,system properties,reference.conf @ jar:file:/usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.jar!/reference.conf: 1,reference.conf @ jar:file:/usr/share/jitsi-videobridge/lib/jitsi-media-transform-1.0-155-gb6af7e9.jar!/reference.conf: 1
INFO: Attempting to load legacy config file at path /, config, sip-communicator.properties
INFO: Attempting to load legacy config file at path /, config, sip-communicator.properties
INFO: Started with interval=10000, timeout=PT30S, maxDuration=PT3S, stickyFailures=false.
INFO: Octo relay is disabled
WARNING: Disabling certificate verification!
Sep 03, 2020 2:32:01 PM org.ice4j.ice.harvest.StunMappingCandidateHarvester discover
INFO: Discovered public address 3.210.79.223:16401/udp from STUN server 129.23.15.17:443/udp using local address 192.18.28.14:0/udp
Sep 03, 2020 2:32:01 PM org.ice4j.ice.harvest.AwsCandidateHarvester obtainEC2Addresses
INFO: We failed to obtain EC2 instance addresses for the following reason:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://19.24.19.254/latest/meta-data/public-ipv4
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1896)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1498)
at org.ice4j.ice.harvest.AwsCandidateHarvester.fetch(AwsCandidateHarvester.java:213)
at org.ice4j.ice.harvest.AwsCandidateHarvester.obtainEC2Addresses(AwsCandidateHarvester.java:107)
at org.ice4j.ice.harvest.AwsCandidateHarvester.getFace(AwsCandidateHarvester.java:153)
at org.ice4j.ice.harvest.MappingCandidateHarvesters.maybeAdd(MappingCandidateHarvesters.java:223)
at org.ice4j.ice.harvest.MappingCandidateHarvesters.prune(MappingCandidateHarvesters.java:207)
at org.ice4j.ice.harvest.MappingCandidateHarvesters.initialize(MappingCandidateHarvesters.java:181)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Sep 03, 2020 2:32:01 PM org.ice4j.ice.harvest.AwsCandidateHarvester obtainEC2Addresses
INFO: String for local IP: 192.168.215.214
INFO: String for public IP: null

regards
Swathi Krishna

1 Like

@saghul @damencho something you can help?

Disable aws harvester and leave the default harvester pointed to meet.jit.si stun

Hi @damencho

Yes , My configuration is exactly same.

JVB_AUTH_USER: jvb
JVB_STUN_SERVERS: meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
JVB_TCP_HARVESTER_DISABLED: “true”

The issue still persists.

Regards
Swathi

@damencho

Do I need to configure below since my JVB is in private network in AWS?

NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS:
NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS:

regards
Swathi

To disable aws harvester you need:

org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true

I have added that as well and redeployed. still getting the same error.

@damencho Am i missing something?

This disables the AWS harvester

So you should no longer see this.

If this is still the case, something with your config is wrong, either how you enter it or in which file … jvb is not reading the config for some reason.

Hi @damencho

I have verified in the JVB docker configuration and I could see te AWS harvester configuration is taken already…

root@jvb-0:/etc/jitsi/videobridge# cat sip-communicator.properties
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT=muc
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=localhost
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.localhost
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD=xxxxx
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.localhost
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME=xxxxx

and error still appears.

Swathi

@swathikrishna_guru @damencho it occurs for me too. Curious to know if any solutions are in place. Do we think it is a bug in docker version?

@damencho @steve_edwin333 I have tried all the ways , the issue still persists. It works fine in other clouds like DigitalOcean etc. The problem is only with AWS.

Regards
Swathi