Just the video, please

Is there a way to just get the clean video from a Meet conference without any of the interface? I have sort of done this by following the example here:

and using interfaceConfigOverwrite. (By the way, is there a property I can set that hides the video thumbnails like hitting the “F” key?)

The goal is to bring video from Jitsi Meet into OBS Studio for manipulation and recording, so I don’t need to send video or audio. How would I get a separate stream for each individual in the conference?

Thanks.
-Daniel

jitsi/jitsi-meet is a lot of UI/UX built on top of jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet which is non-UI “business” logic and conference abstractions so you may have to look at driving a conference with jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet instead of jitsi/jitsi-meet then. Just an idea.

That sounds like a good idea, however I’m nearing the limits of my skills just making the changes in the example that was provided. Maybe I could have the participants use jitsi/jitsi-meet and have another Web client use jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet in the same conference (to be scraped by OBS Studio)? Maybe someone has an example I could look at?

How does the Jibri recorder do it?

Thanks.
-Daniel

You can definitely have the participants join with jitsi/jitsi-meet and have another jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet client join the same conference. For what it’s worth, Jitsi Meet for Android and iOS during its proof-of-concept stage was exactly a jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet client participating in conferences with jitsi/jitsi-meet for Web/desktop participants.

@bbaldino, could you please maybe answer the Jibri part of the question?

Jibri joins with config.iAmRecorder=true in the url params. I’m pretty sure what’s what hides a lot of the UI.

Thanks! I’m actually having good luck having the software scrape a Web page with some tweaks interfaceConfigOverwrite and now, with your hint, also configOverwrite.